Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some inputs or suggestions on these 2 Glock models 19 and 23, which one should you go for it and why? very appreciated for all of your inputs. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
uhm, they are both technically the same dimension wise so its really between 9 vs 40.

I carry a Glock 19

- easier to handle
- more capacity
- cheaper ammunition

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
thay are both the same size pistol, id get the 23 and buy a lone wolf 9mm barrel, then u will haveboth guns for almost the price of one.....make sense?

·
Mac Aficionado
592 Posts
I own both but carry the 23. I always carry an extra mag, 27 rounds is plenty for me for most instances.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 23, its my baby. But sometimes I do wonder if i should have got the 19 this is the gun I qualified on to get my Liscence but i am starting to develope deeper feelings for my 36.

If you dont mind the snap. go for the 23, if you want something a little easier on the hand the 19

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I have both, the 23 can be changed over to 9 mm or 357 sig easier. I prefer the 23 for carry but I carry both, either will get the job done...

·
VCDL
1,612 Posts
I have carried both but the 23 is my main carry gun now. I plan on getting another G19 someday and would have no prob carrying that gun or another G26! This is an illness ya know.:wavey:

·
Registered
737 Posts
They're both great choices. Shoot both, use the one YOU handle BEST.

I like 'em both. You can't go wrong with either.

I carry the G23 most. I'm good with it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Train with what you're gonna carry. Don't shoot 9 all day, then carry .40.

Do it right.

·
"Senior" Member
740 Posts
G19

I don't have an argument. Just do it.

·
Banned
2,393 Posts
Glock 19 vs Glock 23 for CCW

What kind of man are you? Carry what you need.
Buy a weapon. Train with and MASTER your weapon.
Learn everything about it. Fire thousands of rounds through it and learn to use it, as a policer officer or a soldier would.
Discipline yourself. Study law, and tactics. Qualify to carry your weapon 24 hours a day.
Welcome to the world of "The Gun Guys."

·
Registered
737 Posts

Learn everything about it. Fire thousands of rounds through it and learn to use it, as a policer officer or a soldier would.
Discipline yourself. Study law, and tactics. Qualify to carry your weapon 24 hours a day.
HA! YEAH! Good post! Very well put sir.

·
Armed
276 Posts
I have both. I'd be inclined to tell you to buy the 19 and use the money you save on ammo to train train train. Take a defensive pistol class from a reputable school and then train some more.

Ultimately though you need to carry the one you shoot the best so why not rent one of each and see which you're most comfortable with and go from there. It's not a decision someone else can make for you.

·
back again
2,270 Posts
I've been at this crossroads more than once the past five years -- the G19 or the G23. After a lot of research and thought, I went with the G19, which I only recently purchased. The 9mm doesn't have the .40's "snappy" recoil, 9mm ammo is cheaper, and you get two more rounds per magazine. Plus, with modern-day JHP ammo, there's only a negligible (IMO) decrease in "stopping power."

I'm confident with the Nine. ( Whoever said this'd be a caliber war was right. :rofl: )

·
Registered
3,206 Posts

Nice post!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts