Glock 19 VS Canik TP9SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nedodjija, Dec 17, 2018.

1. nedodjija

nedodjija

Hello everyone,
    There has been lots of hype over new Canik pistols. I bought one and compared it to my G17 Gen 5. I might get lots of heat for this review that I have made, but this is just my experience and my opinion. Feel free to let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy it!

View: https://youtu.be/p_BxxNy8rHk

2. Scrappy

Scrappy

I own a few Caniks, TP9SA and the Elite SF, the Elite SF is a very nice pistol with the Grey Slide . The trigger for me is the best Ive had in a Striker fired pistol, even better then my Walther PPQ, the elite trigger being better then the TP9SA. For me these are hands down the Best bang for buck handguns out there! I have lots of Glocks but dont buy Glocks anymore. Next for me is the Canik TP9 SFX!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

3. nedodjija

nedodjija

I do like my Canik as well. I get a good deal on Glocks through their blue label program, but as I noted in the video, I just shoot Canik better. I would like to see them bring 45 ACP and 10MM into the game, but I think that they are playing safe for now with 9mm. Time will tell.

AdamRodgers and Amegatek like this.
  4. Scrappy

Scrappy

Every person I let shoot the Canik and Glock like and shoot the Canik better too.

5. Amegatek

Amegatek

Love my TP9SA Mod 2. Trigger is sweeet! I would definitely look into a Canik .45 ACP if it was made available.

AdamRodgers and Scrappy like this.
  6. nedodjija

nedodjija

And the price is right. I just hope that they get a good track record. I like Elite models, where you get lot of gun for your buck. My local store has elite model now for around 500 i think, and with ported barrel and 20 round magazine (Plus 1 in the barrel), it has lots of fire power.
    I'd like to shoot one, but there are not too many people that own them here in Idaho so far, and I spent too much money this Christmas as is.

7. Scrappy

Scrappy

You are talking about the SFX and it doesnt have a ported barrel, its my next Canik!
    https://www.cheapassammo.com/products/handguns-century-hg3774gn-787450382329-2413

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnsIPwiBFMQ

8. nedodjija

nedodjija

9. BBMW

BBMW

I handled a couple of Caniks at a gun show last week. They had VERY good triggers.

If there's a problem, it would be that the M&P 2.0 in various configurations are available for the same price or cheaper. The Smith SD line is even cheaper than that. I think I'd rather have any of those than a Canik.

Canik's original advantage that it was a quality gun with a good feature set at an amazing price (<$300 IIRC originally.) Now that they've climed up into the high $300 - low $400 range, they face much more competition from better known (and better supported) brands.

Amegatek likes this.
  10. Amegatek

Amegatek

I used to have an M&P 2.0. The Canik trigger blows The M&P trigger out of the water!

Scrappy likes this.
  11. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Guess I'm the contrarian. I have/had two Caniks. One was fine, the other I had destroyed by an FFL due to Century Arms' incompetence with regard to repairing it. Their virtually nonexistent customer service, poor communication, lack of parts availability and absolute incompetence in attempting to repair my TP9DA were incredible. Nice to hear the glowing reports above......good luck if you ever have a problem!

nedodjija and bubbatime like this.
  12. BBMW

BBMW

I won't argue that. And it's a decent quality gun. But who are you going to get better support for, both OEM and third party? Also, as carry guns, the various M&P line members have better form factors.

13. Scrappy

Scrappy

What kind of 3rd party support do you need? The gun really needs nothing out of the box ( and came with a holster) and I cant say that with most of my other firearms.
    S&W front sights work on it and Glock rear sights which are everywhere if you want to change them. My 2 Caniks have been just as flawless as all my other firearms, but unlike some others they need nothing out of the box!
    The Mecgar mags it comes with are under $25 too.
    So they sell for $300 to $360 which is by the way $200 + cheaper then an average Glock. And in return you get a much better trigger, sights, holster,extra fiber optic front sights on elite model and it shoots better for most people.
    The SFX is a $100 more race gun and comes with tons of stuff.
    I really cant believe they actually sell them this cheap!

Amegatek likes this.
  14. nedodjija

nedodjija

One of the points that I made in the video is that Canik reminds me of CZ in early 2000s. They were great guns that not that many people knew about, and they were selling for $350-$400. Now you cannot find them under $500 in the local gun shops. It's all demand for a great product.