Glock 19 Slide

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by asian_glockster, Oct 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. asian_glockster

asian_glockster Hook Up!!!!!!!!

I'm looking for a Glock 19 slide. The headspace of my Glock 19 slide cracked.

2. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

do you mean the breechface? can you post some pics? how did it happen?

3. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Do you dry-fire often?

4. asian_glockster

do you mean the breechface? can you post some pics? how did it happen?

yes it is the breechface. i will post pics as soon as possible. i was cleaning my glock when i noticed there is a circular crack at the breechface.its diameter is similar to a 9mm shell.

Do you dry-fire often?

yes. i do dry fire often. actually, this is my second slide. the first one cracked when i got it brand new after two months.(300 rds and couple thousands of dry fire)

5. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Contact Glock, Inc. thru their office in HK for a possible replacement. Email: general@glock.com.hk

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

2nd slide na!;P

Do you snap caps when you dryfire?

7. asian_glockster

yes. 2nd slide. the first slide was replaced by glock around three years ago. it took almost a year when i got my replacement slide.i rarely if not use snap caps when i dry fire

8. vega

vega

What's wrong with Glock? I will be buying my G22 tomorrow and bakit puro Philippines lang ang may problema.

vega

9. vega

vega

Ok, I called Glock and asked warranty service. That problem not only arises in the Philippines but also here as well. They claimed hot ammo is the culprit and they do not advise dry fire. If warranty thinks that you used hot loads, they will charge you for the slide but if it's perfection defect, they will replace the slide.

Good luck with your slide.

vega

10. jasonub

jasonub

get a 1911 or hk usp. both i have tried and its very reliable and durable. my hk shot more than 20t rounds no jams no damage my svi has shot 23t rounds. jams came from a faulty mag spring and buntis shells and heads.

11. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Think its more due to dry firing w/out a snap cap than firing hot loads. Had the same experience months ago after 26T rounds of hotloads (PF>170) and extensive dry firing w/ a worn out snap cap (posted it here) and Glock Inc replaced it for free and the replacement came in w/in 3 mos. I was grateful to Glock Inc but not to the gunstore where the replacement was coursed thru. That Manila gunstore charged me P7,000.00 for handling daw!

I still dry fire my glock extensively but I use a trigger reset kit by Glockmeister. This kit replaces the whole trigger mechanism and feels like the orig trigger actuation but w/out actuating the firing pin hence no damage to the breech face. Also, the trigger resets automatically w/out the shooter re-racking the slide. The only hassle is the disassemly and reassembly of the trigger group every time you transition from live fire to dry fire mode and vice versa. But if you have two glocks w/ the same frame, thats not a problem. Use one dedicated for the trigger reset kit and the other for live firing.

Compared to a 1911 or any other gun, the glock firing mechanism is different so it shouldnt be taken as a deffect in workmanship or materials. It just happens that glock did not design it to be dry fired extensively w/ an empty chamber.

12. ReccaH

ReccaH Let's Play

Are you related to Homogenizer?

13. vega

vega

Did Glock pay for shipping, normally they would if they honor the warranty. If not, then I would say that was a pretty decent cost. Fedex would cost about $35 to ship from Cali to Arizona. Your turn around time was fast too, one member waited about a year to have the replacement.

vega

14. asian_glockster

I am now considering buying an armscor or rock island armory 1911, officers model.

I am also considering buying a caspian slide and a new barrel for my glock.

The problem is that,i could no longer compete in the production division if I have the slide and barrel replaced.

I really liked my glock 19. I carry it all the time. but this is the second time that it happened to me.

15. asian_glockster

Are you related to Homogenizer?

No sir, but I would like to meet him. :)

16. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Glock honored the warranty, and yes, they paid for the shipping. I also know that replacement-warranty parts are tax free.

I sent them the info they required from me asap, and my cut-into-2 slide the fastest possible way and reached them (Austria) in 5 days. The shipping cost me 2,100.

I expected them to take several months to replace the slide so I got another G35, but then Glock proved me wrong. Before my new G35 shot 5t rounds and broken-in, the replacement arrived.

Its good to deal w/ a manufacturer w/c stands squarely behind their products such as Glock, Inc.

17. Young Once

Young Once

I attended the Glock Armorer's Course held here in Manila last December 2003 and the speaker told us that it was not good to dry fire the Glock because more often than not, the firing pin breaks through the breech face because the metal wall was very thin. On this point, I asked him then why almost all sites dedicated to Glock seem to create then impression that its okay to dry fire the pistol ad infinitum. He said that this is a popular misconception which we should all disabuse ourselves of. If you want to dry fire your glock, it should always be done with a dummy bullet or snap cap. Otherwise, there might be warranty problems. Happy shooting!!!

18. vega

vega

Young Once - Did you get a certificate or ID? Was that conducted by Glock themselves or an independent company? Reason I asked because if that was conducted by Glock, you can get free parts if you need to replace something. I don't know who will pay the shipping.

vega

19. Young Once

Young Once

Vega, It was conducted by Glock itself, courtesy of their Glock Hong Kong personnel. Yup, I got a certificate. As for the parts, I haven't had the opportunity yet to order anything from them, so I don't know yet who would pay for the shipping.

Young Once

20. asian_glockster

Here is the pic of my damaged glock 19 slide.