Glock Talk banner

glock 19 slide locked / broken trigger mechanism

2K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  SLOGlock 
#1 ·
hello.. i need some help! my glock 19 gen 5 jammed with the slide slightly back. cant move the slide at all. looking up in through the mag well i can see what appears to be a broken trigger mechanism. at least that is what i believe that is. and yes, that is a live round in there. any ideas aside from taking it to a gunsmith? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Wow! thought that the way it was angled that it might be broken. It looks so different than my other models. I always run 'good' (or what i thought to be good), new ammo and keep it super clean. never experienced a jam like this before. Thank you for the advice! Can't imagine hitting my glock with a mallet! Worried about jamming it more, but i'll give it a try. thanks again!

#18 ·
Well, my understanding is that a glock can safely handle a +P+, so i wouldn't worry about it.
Probably just a poorly sized case.
Obviously I cannot tell for sure, not even if I had your glock in my hands, so it's a risk that you will have to decide wether you want to take...
Wear some thick gloves and good eye protection, JIC.
Maybe shoot it with your weak hand.
Good luck...🤞

#21 ·
If you shoot enough, sooner or later you'll probably run into this. You should clear the gun before leaving an environment where it can be safely discharged. Unless it can be easily put back into battery by a light blow to the back of the slide, I think it's a lot safer to go the other direction.

Case your ammo, and be prepared.

#22 ·
Try this.....

Brace the front of the slide against some immovable object (like wooden table or wall corner). Again, make sure it's not pointing at something you want to put a hole in. Angle it so the slide can move with respect to the barrel.

Grasp the grip with both hands and P-U-S-H.

This should force the slide back.

#25 ·
I'm no expert... but when that happened to me ( due to bulged case ).. I would use a small flat tip screw driver and pry the slide backwards and that would free up the slide for me... again, for me.... just sharing my experience... and this was done at the range....

#27 ·
Yup, definitely the round. a bit embarrassed as I thought the ejector was bent out of shape or broke off. my gen 5 g19 looks so much different than my other glocks (pic). even my previous g19 gens... i think..?? hit back into battery, fired and ejected the brass. bad round. thank you for all the help. i really appreciate it!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.