close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 sight help needed

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Wayfaroff, Nov 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Wayfaroff

Wayfaroff

Had a glock 23 with night sights and a 19 without. Decided to sell the 23 so I swapped the sights around so I would have the night sights on the 19. (trigicon)
    Took the 19 to the range and with factory WW, and handloads, at 25 yards it shoots 10" high. I have swapped and added night sights on many glocks and never had this kinda problem. Had to move the rear sight near even with the slide to bring it to the center, left and right.
    Anyone else run across this before?
    Thanks
    PS have taken .010ths of the top of the rear sight, but still shoots 8-10" high at 25.

2. sigarmorer

sigarmorer

what rear sight do you have now,i believe you will need a taller rear sight not lower.

3. Wayfaroff

Wayfaroff

Trigcon rear and front. By taking some off the top of the rear sight wouldn't that cause you to raise the rear of the gun thereby lowering the point of impact, or am I all bassackards?
    Thanks

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Lowering the rear sight definitely RAISES the point of impact - lowering the front sight might have been a better idea. Also, if lowering the top of the rear sight took your from 10" high to 8-10" high, the problem must be you since you did the opposite of what you should have done to lower the shot. Did you make sure you weren't doing something wrong before you started changing the sight?

5. Dandapani

Dandapani

"Move the rear sight in the direction you want the point of impact to go."

If hitting too high, then lower the rear sight.

6. Steve in Az

Steve in Az Walther PPQ

Exactly.

7. Wayfaroff

Wayfaroff

If one would draw a straight line on top of the front sight to the top of the rear sight representing your sight picture, by taking a few thousanths off the top of the rear sight, would it not cause in effect one to raise the the rear of the pistol (top of rear sight back UP to the line)thereby lowering the point of impact on the target?
    Egads, I've never had this kinda problem.
    Thanks

8. Steve in Az

Steve in Az Walther PPQ

Lowering the REAR sight=Lower point of impact on the target (your tipping the muzzle down for correct sight alignment)
    Lowering the FRONT sight=Higher point of impact on the target (your tipping the muzzle up for correct sight alignment)

Do this:

Form a "V" with your index finger/middle finger of your right hand. Hold it about 4" from your face. This is your rear sight. Take your left index finger at arms length to simulate the front sight. Now lower the "V" (simulating removing material from the rear sight). Now move your left index finger down to get correct sight alignment---your "muzzle" went down--correct?

9. Wayfaroff

Wayfaroff

Steve in AZ- That's what I was a thinking, but when one gets old,decrepped, and crusty, sometimes one can get things backwards.

I have never had a set of trigcon sights that shot this much off.
    May have to end up sending it to Glock and have them put a set on that hits the correct point of aim, if I can't get enough off the top of the rear.
    Thanks

10. Steve in Az

Steve in Az Walther PPQ

Something doesn't seem right, those sights are waaaayyyy off. I 'd try another set, just to be sure---but you may have a pistol problem.

11. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

FWIW, would have called Trijicon before removing material from either sight.

Their front sights for Glock are of a standard height of around .150"

The rear is around .254" overall height {includes dovetail}

For the 20/21's the rear is Taller at around .270 - .274"

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I just realized I went mental this morning and had the rear sight thing backwards, so I came to correct it. Yes, you move the rear sight the SAME way you want the shot to move (the front sight moves the opposite way, as on an AR). Sorry about that. Wayfaroff was right.

13. Wayfaroff

Wayfaroff

Well, called Glock and Trijicon. Looks like the Stupid is running over me like syrup over a pancake. I was sold the wrong rear sight,(set) which was to high. Have the correct set on order.
    Will have a set of sights for sale, minus the .010 off the top of the rear sight when the new ones comes in. DUH
    Thanks for all the input.