Glock 19 shooter

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Toledo, Feb 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Toledo

Toledo

Hello,
    I am new to this excellent forum...lots of info. I have a Glock 19 I bought about a month ago. This is my second one. The first I bought around 1988 but sold it in 1996. The 19 is my favorite among all my handguns. As you all know, it will fire just about anything you feed it. The balance and feel are excellent...and the accuracy is more than adequate....I am just glad I found a great forum devoted to the Glock pistols in general. And doubly glad that most members are fellow Pinoys. Are there any Pinoy Glockers in VA? Any of you folks have any experience with the Browning BDM in 9mm? or the Hi-power? Salamat.

2. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Welcome Toledo to the BOGs!

The Glock 19 is my first Glock and it sure is hard to beat in terms of ease of handling and shootability.

You'll find that we have Pinoy BOGs scattered in many places; so a BOG near VA wouldn't be surprise.;)

Just ask anything you want to know about as this forum is full of friendly and knowledgeable individuals.

3. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Welcome to the BOG.

4. Toledo

Toledo

salamat,
    Do you have a glock 19 as well? My family will be going to the Philippines this December. My wife is from Paranaque and will be spending time there. I hope to meet some fellow Glockers there. Armscor pistols are doing great here...I might just get one soon. What do you think of them? How accurate and reliable? I was born in Cebu and familiar with the "Paltiks"...last time I fired one was in 1994.

5. JuDGe

JuDGe

hi toledo, there are a good number of us BOGs who hails from paranaque ;f

;F

6. Toledo

Toledo

kamusta judge,
    Where in Paranaque are you? In March 2003, we stayed with my wife's family in Moonwalk, Cooper Street. I also just found out that there is a Shooting range near there. Have you been to that range?

7. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Welcome Aboard Toledo! My Grandparents are in Queensrow and my other relatives in Moonwalk Village :)

8. nyordak17

nyordak17 my dream gun!

#wav Hi Mr. Toledo, Glocks are awesome pistols! I'm also planning
    to buy Glock 19 this summer. For now my range is G17, The Big Brother of G19.:)
    ;F WELCOME to the Forum!;F

9. Toledo

Toledo

Thanks for all those who replied to my post and for welcoming a new member...I got so inspired I went to the range and shot my Glock 19 yesterday. I put about 50 rounds thru it. I also put my Colt 45 thru about 20 rounds of Armscor ammo and it performed well. Armscor ammo was very accurate with no feeding problems....I find it ironic that the Colt 45 came about due to American colonialization of the Philippines...and now the Philippines makes a clone of such a weapon and the ammo to go with it. From now on, I will only shoot Armscor thru my 45...if i can find them here...Anyone out there with a Rock Island Armory 45? I heard some good things about it....thanks again and stay safe.

10. JuDGe

JuDGe

Sucat area ako... The indoor shooting range at moonwalk is WSC (Weapons System Corp), I believe that Deenoh a fellow BOG runs the operations there. Si SMBeer ay nasa Merville lang. ;f

11. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

welcome on board toledo!;c ;c ;c

12. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Welcome Toledo...you will learn a lot from the group members! Puro magagaling mag bigay ng advise, gagaling pang pumutok!

I'm also from Paranaque, Tambo area...;F

13. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

14. deenoh

deenoh

Vault Keeper, which part of Tambo are you from? I am just a few towns away, La Huerta.

Welcome to the BOGs Toledo!

15. kerwin

kerwin

Nindut na kaayo ang mga paltik sa Cebu Bai! Welcome to the Bogs Toledo!;F

16. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Just fronting the school (Quirino Ave side). See around sir...

17. Toledo

Toledo

Mang Danny,
    Thanks for the info about the BDM...Have you ever tried it or owned one? I just saw one for sale at the Range I go to for $389...what do you think? I just like the feel of the gun...it fits perfectly with my hands. But as far as accuracy...none of the guys at the range can vouch for it since none of them ever fired one.....I just bought back my father's reloading equipment he sold to friend about 5 years ago. I will try my hand at this today...thanks again.

18. Toledo

Toledo

Kerwin,
    Ma-o bitaw...ang akong balita didto nga ang paltik mura na gyud for import! Kuyawa uy! My wife and child are also planning to come to Cebu in December so I am sure I would get a chance to fire one of these paltiks. Most of my relatives are into firearms. Asa man ka sa Cebu...mingaw na ko sa Sanchanko (murag sayop and ispelling)..he, he...ayaw'g saba ha...

19. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Toledo, my brother-in-law owns a BDM. We took it to an indoor range last December. Accuracy is good, ergonomics is fine, reliability is fair. 5 rounds fail to eject out of 250 rounds. When he tried my 1911 he liked it so much that he bought a Springfield GI right on the spot.

Reloading is hobby within a hobby, YOU WILL LIKE IT!

Do they still make palti* chambered in 223?

20. vega

vega

Welcome!;c

vega