close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 RTF2...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chriztt, Jan 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. chriztt

chriztt

After handling both the 3rd gen and the RTF models at a local gun show, I finally decided to go with the Glock 19 rtf2. The grip that the RTF provides is awesome, and the the crescent shaped slide serration make racking the slide a breeze. This will be my first Glock and I am truly excited. I read here on GT that Glock has done away with the crescent or "fish gill" serrations on the newer RTF's. I will be shopping around in the coming weeks and I just wanted to know what the chances are of actually finding the glock I want ( RTF 19 with the fish gill's). Any feedback you guy's can provide me with would be great. BTW I am in the south florida (Miami) area.

Thanks.

2. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

I actually like my G17 RTF2 with the crescent serrations. It looks different in a world of "the same old"

I like the RTF2 feel, better than my RTF3 Gen4.

Try your dealer or gunbroker. I am looking for an RTF2 G19 right now too.

3. .357sigger

.357sigger NRA Member

My local cabela's has both the 19 and 23 rt2's in stock. I just picked up a 23rtf2 last week. I will say it is my new favorite glock, its like you pick it up and it is an extension of my hand. It doesn't move at all...I wish all my other glocks were in this texture and I can say I hope that all the other models will be available this way. I plan on buying them all :supergrin:

4. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Why are the G19 RTF2 becoming so scarce? Have they officially stopped making them? I was hoping to get one more with my tax return money.

5. cbsaf

cbsaf

They did a huge write-up on the RTF2 in the Glock Annual and it showed all the newest ones with regular slide serrations. I would suspect that they will be around awhile.

If the Gen4 replaces the Gen3 though what would they do? Make a Gen4 RTF2 hybrid with interchangeable backstraps and new recoil assembly?