Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Sometime before the end of the year.

·
20,419 Posts
The G19 RTF2 will be my next purchase, when available.:cool:

·
20,419 Posts
It stands for the rough texture finish on the grip.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I called Glock about 2 weeks ago and the nice lady said that (for the RTF2 G19 anyways) they most likely would NOT be out this year. I would buy a RTF2 G19 today if it was available.

Let's hope these come out sooner!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
23 Posts
It stands for the rough texture finish on the grip.
That makes sense. I saw a G17 at a local show today. I've read that many people don't like it but I liked the feel of it. The dealer didn't have a G19 and didn't know if they'd have one for the July show. Sucks that it probably won't come out this year. I'll wait.

·
Some Dude
567 Posts
I've read that many people don't like it but I liked the feel of it.
you know it's funny... from what i've read, seems the people who don't like it have handled one for only a matter of minutes, if they've handled one at all.:dunno:

seems every one who owns/shot one seems to think it's awesome!
(i'm in the latter category... like mine more than any other glock i've ever had!)

·
Chaplain of CT
7,470 Posts
I thought the RTF was really quite stupid until I handled a G22 today. I don't like the looks of the slide serrations, but the feel of the grip is great . . . and I despise full-size Glocks.

I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need the G22 (I really don't!) but I would love to pick up a G19 or G32 RTF for sure.

·
Registered
235 Posts
you know it's funny... from what i've read, seems the people who don't like it have handled one for only a matter of minutes, if they've handled one at all.:dunno:

(i'm in the latter category... like mine more than any other glock i've ever had!)
I feel the same, I handled a 17RTF yesterday for only a matter of minutes, I loved the feel and cant wait to upgrade my 19s frame to RTF. I'll pick up a 17RTF in the not so distant future, as well as a 26 but I haven't heard anything regarding sub-compact RTF models.

Anybody know how the RTF models fall in Glocks LE/MIL/EMS/Fire discount? I'd assume they'll be priced the same as standard models at 398, but haven't heard anything yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I really love the look and really want a 19 RTF2, but until they are out what RTF2 models are available at this time.

·
Registered
434 Posts

I picked one up for a few min, and I fell in love. I've owned many 9mm Glocks over the years, and swore them off after I sold my last one. I bought the RTF Glock 17 on the spot. It is awesome!

·
568 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've handled both the RTF22 and 17 and while I'd like the feel for a range gun am a bit apprehensive for concealed carry. I think the texture would feel like sandpaper against the skin without wearing a shirt to have between my skin and the gun as well as something to cover the gun too. Just my thoughts on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts