close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 rough trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by swilcoxaz, Jan 15, 2007.

Tags:
  1. swilcoxaz

swilcoxaz

I did the .25 trigger job on my G17 and G19 this evening. The G17 came out silky smooth but the 19 never has had a good trigger and the .25 trigger job helped some but not completely.

Here is the problem: At first the trigger pull is easy but midway between the beginning of the pull to the break, it becomes stiffer, about where the bird's head on the trigger bar contacts the connector. If I pull the trigger real slow, I can actually feel a "stop" at this point.

The problbem became more pronounced after Glockmeister installed a new smooth trigger. I attributed this to it being a new trigger bar but it is there with either, being more noticable with the smooth trigger.

Any ideas?

2. killnbucks

killnbucks

check your connector for excessive wear and replace it if necessary. Cheap part and it could be the problem.

If not, maybe too much metal was removed during the trigger job and you ruined the trigger sear. If that is the case, replace it.

Do you properly lubricate that area during routine maintenence. If not you are going to continue to see this problem over time. Speaking of mainenence, you may also want to simply detail strip your slide and clean out the firing pin channel. There could be some pasty debris inside of there due to excessive lubrication of that area.

Good luck

3. killnbucks

killnbucks

Your connector may also simply need to be polished. That is easy to screw up, so if you haven't done it successfully, have a qualified professional do it for you.

4. Joe D

Joe D Guest

Put the G17 trigger bar into the G19. Does the problem go away? Remember there are three manufacturers of Glock trigger bars. The short nose bar has a heavier pull than the long nose bar.

5. swilcoxaz

swilcoxaz

I noticed that the original G19 serrated trigger bar is a different shape than the smooth one and looks the same as the 17's. So both now have similar trigger bars but the 19 has the hiccup and the 17 is smooth.

I had a spare connector and replaced that as well. No difference.

6. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Look at the engagement surfaces under magnification. If they are rough stone them till smooth. Keep in mind all the .25 TJ does is make the rough areas bright it does not smooth them, they MUST be smooth for a grit free trigger pull.

7. killnbucks

killnbucks

YEP! That is what I'd do at this point also. Keep in mind that you are POLISHING the surfaces, not changing it of removing metal. Pay attention to the sides of the parts you are polishing as well!

8. jcevans

jcevans Shootin' Shep'

I've not stoned any of the surfaces before, though I've done the .25 trigger job. Is there a thread or site that gives step by step instructions on how to do the stoning? I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

Specifically, I'm wondering:

1) What kind of stone to use and where to buy the stone.
    2) Techniques to smooth rather than remove metal.
    3) Warnings against what NOT to do.
    4) Any specific instructions that are essential to doing the job right.

9. swilcoxaz

swilcoxaz

I've tried 3 trigger bars and two connectors - all have that same "staging" effect. I can't figure out why a 19 should be any different than a 17, it's the same internal parts.

10. bchannell

bchannell

From your description, it sounds as though it might be the firing pin safety that is causing the problem. You say most of the problem is mid-way in the trigger pull, which is where the upper bump on the trigger bar contacts the firing pin safety plunger. I'd try, (which I did to my 19) polishing the firing pin safety plunger. You'll read all kinds of gumbo on this mod, but you really don't have to go for a full spit shine, just polish the whole thing so that it is fairly slick, and has a SLIGHTLY more rounded edge, instead of the bevel. Also give it a light stoning on the round sides that fit up into the slide, so there's no drag there. Lube it and reinstall everything and see if it helps.

11. killnbucks

killnbucks

This is also true and commonly done. But remember that the firing pin block is one of the most important parts of your Glock. So don't screw it up!!!

12. bchannell

bchannell

AMEN, well said!