Glock 19 Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CA_G19, Jun 10, 2020.

1. CA_G19

CA_G19

Yes, I'm a little worried about that. I'm sure she'll struggle a little bit. If the gun ends up being too difficult for her, I'll let her choose the next pistol. I want a G19 regardless lol Long overdo!

2. G19 fan

G19 fan

For sure. But remember, they are like potato chips. You can't have just one. My 19 was lonely, so I had to get him a 26 to play with.

3. CA_G19

CA_G19

Haha no problem with that. I've always wanted a Springfield 1911 but we'll see if I can veer away from the Glock family.

4. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

I’d say the 380 ez isn’t a option in Ca. Isn’t there goal to not add any newer guns to the list and wait till the ones that are on it are obsolete and not available anymore.

5. Aggie58

Aggie58

If possible, let your wife try operating and shooting the pistol before she buys it. I learned that about 30 yrs. ago when I bought my wife just the pistol she needed. She hated it and therefore it's been in her drawer for about 30 yrs.

6. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

CA, since this is your first handgun, before you buy anything, take shooting lessons. Get the fundamentals down: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control. Then it makes little difference whether you are shooting a 1911, Glock or KelTec or revolver. Both Pala and Oceanside have local USPSA Grand Masters that teach for a very reasonable amount. And the Glock store has sponsored shooters also, Austin Ariss, GM and Lenny Magill (jr) A Class. Being a Glock store, they will want you to get a Glock, but maybe a single stack instead of G19.

https://lineadefuego.net/

http://oceansidepistol.com/

THX101 likes this.
  7. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Great advice given here, but.... best advice I can give?
    Move out of California!! Hard to believe that such Fascist gun laws can render the 2nd Amendment useless! (then again, my homestate, VT, borders another Fascist state: Mass, who have equally ridiculous gun laws!)

8. Terps

Terps

You may also want to go to a shop and handle a Glock 48. Same overall dimensions as the 19 with a thinner grip making it easier for some to handle. Being in CA, 10 round mags won’t be a foreign concept either, which is what the 48 is limited to unless you get aftermarket.

9. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

Gen 5 19 FS for the breech face cut.

Ejection is vastly improved, especially for those that might limp wrist. I verified this with two new shooters and a variety of Glocks.

Oops, just read the California posts.

10. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

CA_G19 likes this.
  11. Themarinedoc

Themarinedoc

Pretty risky for someone to buy a gun, who has never shot much, without actually trying the gun with live rounds to see how they handle recoil, repeated shots and natural line of sight. At a bare minimum she should hold the gun, rack the slide and if they allow, dry fire a few times to see how things go. I know that some guns just don't seem right to me and others naturally feel good when I hold and fire them.

12. CA_G19

CA_G19

I’ve been shooting handguns for years, I’ve just never owned one. My neighbor is a retired army sniper who taught my wife and I the ropes years ago.

Love the Pala range. I use to be a member at Poway Weapons and Gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  13. CA_G19

CA_G19

Welcome to 2020 with guns being sold out everywhere. My wife has shot handguns plenty. Like I said, if she doesn’t like it, I still want it and will get her another one. Thanks for your concern though.

14. Bradley T

Bradley T

Yeah,- 5th Generation. I shot my friend's G 19/5 and it worked better than any GLOCK I ever shot.

Gfive45 and THX101 like this.
  15. slym2none

slym2none

Why is the 19 the go-to for everything, it seems?

I would recommend the 48 or 43x for the wife. As I have stated, I do not have large hands, probably more like the size of a woman's (no shame here, I can't help it) and the 48's grip feels so much nicer to me than any double-stack design.

As others have said, at least get a few different models in her hands, see what she feels and what she likes more than anything.

16. CA_G19

CA_G19

I just started looking into the 43x, seems like it might be a better fit for her. Still sold out everywhere but I’ll have to have her shoot both.

slym2none likes this.
  17. Glock234Me

Glock234Me

Get the Gen5. All the improvements and amazing trigger.

Gfive45 likes this.
  18. glide

glide Just sayin'

I've owned my Glock 19G3 the longest of all the Glock pistols I own. It is my SD/HD/SHTF go to weapon of choice. If you and your wife can try it before you buy it, rent the gun and handle it before buying so there will be no remorse. Enjoy and be safe.

19. Crane1

Crane1

Gen3, no matter what. Even a Used one.

20. vmann

vmann Controller

Did you make that statement up on your own, or did you just try to regurgitate ridiculousness you read on the internet? Better internals, brass to the face...come on man, you’re better than that