close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock #19 problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Sweater, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Sweater

Sweater

I have a problem. After a change my trigger connector to 3.5lbs. whenever i shoot my glock #19 , the slide always locked up after each shot, please help.

2. RandySmith

RandySmith

Is this a 3 pin gun or a 2 pin?

Some things to check...

Take the slide off of the gun and gently pull up and release the slide stop lever. It should snap 'smartly' down. If it doesn't (and I am betting that it won't)....

If it is a 3 pin gun, I am guessing you installed the trigger pin before you installed the smaller pin above it (locking block pin). The spring on the slide stop lever must go UNDER the locking block pin.

This is the most likely reason for your problem. You can push the locking block pin back out and, while pushing it back in the frame, take a small screwdriver and push down on the slide stop lever spring making sure it goes under the locking block pin.

Alternatively, you can install the parts in the right order and avoid this situation altogether. Install the locking block pin first. Install the trigger pin and slide stop lever next. Doing it this way ensures the slide stop lever spring is in the proper location.

The other thing that can inhibit the movement of the slide stop lever is the trigger pin. If you push the trigger pin too far or not far enough when installing, it can bind on the side of the slide stop lever.

Randy

3. Sweater

Sweater

This is a three pin gun.I did follow the direction above and my problem was solved, Thanks a lot for the help, Randy Smith.