Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys/Girls.. I'm new to Pistols and am looking into getting my first one next weekend. I have shot pistols here and there over the years but never owned any. I have always liked Glocks which is why I am here searching the forums. I was planning on going to a Gun show to hopefully get a better deal than the $580 I have found around here so far on a Glock 19. I have found on here that most people say the best deal is online. So my question is, should I wait till next weekend to see if I can find a good deal at the Gunshow or should I just go ahead with the online stores? Also another option is a Range that has the $580 price also gives a month of free range time. Any HElp is Welcome.. Thanks !!

·
Mediocre Member
2,244 Posts
If you join GSSF, you can get Military/LEO pricing :supergrin:

Glock 19's in my area, Indiana, are around $485. If you have the GSSF discount and go to a shop that accepts them, suggested pricing is $425 for a G19.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Call eds public safety. They sign you up for gssf and ship your gun at the same time.$35 for one year. You get a hat, glock annual, some pins, and I think a calander. And you get the g19 for $425. And one at $425 next year too. Usually when you sign up for gssf, you have to wait months to get your memberships card before you can purchase the gssf price gun, but eds does it right there on the phone. I would get a gen 3. Avoid any possible headaches. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Call eds public safety. They sign you up for gssf and ship your gun at the same time.$35 for one year. You get a hat, glock annual, some pins, and I think a calander. And you get the g19 for $425. And one at $425 next year too. Usually when you sign up for gssf, you have to wait months to get your memberships card before you can purchase the gssf price gun, but eds does it right there on the phone. I would get a gen 3. Avoid any possible headaches. Good luck.
This is your BEST option...but I would say get a Gen4 for the smaller grip and bigger mag release.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
I would advise you to join the GSSF and purchase one getting the discount. However, as to the gen 3 or gen 4, you'll have to make your own decision and get the one that makes you most comfortable. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Ed's is definitely the way to go. My sales rep at Ed's is Sharon and she gives outstanding service.

·
Registered
683 Posts
GSSF pricing for a glock 17,19,26,22,23,27 is $425. The gen 3 and gen 4 pistols are the same price. Gen 4 subcompacts ship with 3 mags.

example:
GSSF membership $35
Glock 26 $425
shipping $15

Weagle

·
Part Time
4,758 Posts
Hi Guys/Girls.. I'm new to Pistols and am looking into getting my first one next weekend. I have shot pistols here and there over the years but never owned any. I have always liked Glocks which is why I am here searching the forums. I was planning on going to a Gun show to hopefully get a better deal than the $580 I have found around here so far on a Glock 19. I have found on here that most people say the best deal is online. So my question is, should I wait till next weekend to see if I can find a good deal at the Gunshow or should I just go ahead with the online stores? Also another option is a Range that has the $580 price also gives a month of free range time. Any HElp is Welcome.. Thanks !!
Go to Top Gun in Taylor. Excellent crew and you'll get 3 months free range time. I realize you can get it cheaper elsewhere but you'll be supporting a local business. As much as I shoot, the gun basically winds up being free (in the grand scheme of things.)

·
Glock Guy
2,142 Posts
I hear Ed's has great customer service. May I request a G26 with the "older" shiny black finish?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts