close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 preban clip problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rippinciao, Sep 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. rippinciao

rippinciao

I recenly took one of my Glock 19 Preban clips out of my safe and found that it had a hair line crack in it. The clip was fully loaded with 15 rounds in it. I never used the clip, and it was never abused. Has this ever happened with any of you? I know it is an older style clip, meaning that the inside of the clip is not lined with metal as the new ones. What really gets me is that I live in NY, and it's a prebann clip. It would cost me about $50 for a new one. If I contacted Glock would they do anything for me or replace it?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The NFML magazines are lined with metal on three sides. If the crack in the polymer is on one of those threes sides it's no big deal. Glock is out of pre-ban NFML tubes. They might be able to exchange it for an older, used, NFML magazine if they have one. Magazines for pistols are like tires for automobiles as they are considered expendables, and the newest of preban magazines is now over 13 years old.

3. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man

4. rippinciao

rippinciao

I to was thinking super glue! Beening an old style clip things happen, that's why they made the new one better.