Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
]

Have the issues discussed been corrected?
That's the purpose of the bevel on the front of the chamber where it locks into the ejection port. Also, you'll notice a '1' to the right of the Glock symbol and serial number on the barrel's chamber exterior, which indicates the modification.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice name...troll?

And yes, GLOCK has changed their weapons for this rare problem. From the same page you linked to.
From an 07 May 2000 E-mail from a Glock-certified armorer: 'One final thing I neglected to mention: not only does Glock know of NYPD's Phase 3 problem, but they have instituted a design change as a result of NYPD complaints in the form of the new 15 degree angle of the bevel on both the slide's ejection port and the extractor found on new models. Previously it was 90 degrees.' It is not known if this is the same geometric changes being instituted at the Rodman's Neck field machine shop.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice name...troll?

And yes, GLOCK has changed their weapons for this rare problem. From the same page you linked to.
Jeeze, some people. Yes, I joined this forum in 2004 so I could ask "troll" questions four years later...

Just because I asked a question about a problem with a GLOCK doesn't mean I am a troll. Someone on another forum that I frequent brought the problem with the G19 up to me and I thought I would go to the experts to get educated on it. Is that unreasonable? GLOCKs, like all mechianical mass produced objects, do have problems from time to time and ensuring I know as much as possible about the potential pitfalls before purchasing seems like a smart idea to me.

GlockNoMore

·
Banned
474 Posts
Jeeze, some people. Yes, I joined this forum in 2004 so I could ask "troll" questions four years later...

Just because I asked a question about a problem with a GLOCK doesn't mean I am a troll. Someone on another forum that I frequent brought the problem with the G19 up to me and I thought I would go to the experts to get educated on it. Is that unreasonable? GLOCKs, like all mechianical mass produced objects, do have problems from time to time and ensuring I know as much as possible about the potential pitfalls before purchasing seems like a smart idea to me.

GlockNoMore
Good response. Some of the people here are ridiculous. I have been called a troll for my lack of love for israel, for bringing up glock malfunctions, for liking 1911s, the list goes on forever.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The slide bevel in front of the ejection port makes it possible to clear the malfunction if it DOES happen. In nine years as a LE firearms instructor, I have seen exactly ONE of these malfunctions occur (115gr FMJ round). I haven't lost a wink of sleep over it. In fact, my preferred G17 (Gen-2 frame) doesn't even have the slide bevel. Don't worry about it if your service/carry ammunition functions reliably in your pistol. Remember that New York's Finest have numerous makes/models of 9mm weapons fielded. Finding one round that works reliably in ALL of them was no doubt a monumental task for that agency.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
In fact, my preferred G17 (Gen-2 frame) doesn't even have the slide bevel.
The bevel is only on G19's. It's on the front of the part of the barrel that locks into the ejection port. Supposedly, it allows the barrel and slide to unlock a small fraction of a second sooner and thus prevents the malfunction.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Older G17's have a 90 degree breechface cut (Prior to "BKK" prefix). Newer G17's have a 15 degree bevel. G19's correspond before and after the "BKP" prefix. The Glock armorer's manual contains more complete info. Like I said, I've not lost a wink of sleep.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Well 3 of my G19's are 2nd gen's and they failed to get the NYPD phase 3 memo, but if they do, i will let you know.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Older G17's have a 90 degree breechface cut (Prior to "BKK" prefix). Newer G17's have a 15 degree bevel. G19's correspond before and after the "BKP" prefix. The Glock armorer's manual contains more complete info. Like I said, I've not lost a wink of sleep.
That's different. The problem that the OP was referring to concerned only the G19 and was corrected as stated above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts