close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 or Glock 19 RTF2?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by onalandline, Feb 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. onalandline

onalandline Me Got Gun!

I have decided on getting a Glock 19 Gen 3, but not sure if I want the Gen 3 or the Gen 3 RTF2. Opinions please from those that have either, or both. Thanks.

2. cablecutter

cablecutter

I don't know if this helps but i just bought a G23 RTF2 today and this is what it looks like. [​IMG]

I ordered it and it came from the factory 12 days ago according to the bullets casings in the box. I had to call glock to see if this was the newest model since it doesn't have the "c" serration on the slide. The guy said that Glock moved to the straight serrations since the "c" serrated slide were "slippery when wet". I love this gun so far. I only bought it today so I haven't fired it yet. I imagine that the new G19 RTF2 will look the same if you get it from the factory.

3. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKMEISTER*

I've had the 2nd, 3rd & now the RTF2 G19..
    I realy like the texture & the cresent cocking serations..
    You might wanna at least hold one to get a feel for what your buying first
    My hands are tough & if your hands are tender the texture may not suit you..
    Also the RTF2s will probobly cost you more new but realy they should be the same price.. A good deal on a used 3rd gen would be what to look for but most guys want new prices for used guns, I still can't figure that out..
    Good Luck in your Quest
    Gary/P229

Glock 19 RTF2
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  4. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

G19rtf2. The grip may be somewhat aggressive at first, However mine has broken itself in after 1500 rounds. Now it feels perfect. If you don't like the serrations on the slide, they have switched back to the normal ones(I have seen RTF2's in person with standard serrations)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  5. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

I really like the feel and look of the RTF2. I have larger hands and have a problems with the grip grooves on the regular 19, but on the RTF2, they are smoother and a little less pronounced making it comfortable for me.

6. mteagle1

mteagle1

My opinion would be a G23 RTF2.

7. Little Joe

Little Joe

If it were me, I would get the RTF2. I really like the grip, and they may discontinue it some day what with the Gen4 coming out. I could see the RTF2 being discontinued or only small runs once in a blue moon being released making them difficult to find.

8. Glockster84

Glockster84

If it matters,the rtf glocks are about as ugly as a hi point,2nd and 3rd gens is where its at for me.i dont even wanna see what the 5th gen glocks look like :(

9. picturethis

picturethis

You really have to hold one to make the call. I know if I would have bought my last G22 in an rtf I would have been very unhappy, since I didn't like the feel at all. It does sound like it grows on you, but I didn't wanna "get used to" something I was paying good money for.

10. crazyrec12

crazyrec12 cornbread

RTF all the way... I would really like for them to produce a 19c rtf2

11. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I really like the rtf's in hand but For me the handle was a bit much on my muscular love handles for concealed carry:wavey:

12. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

:upeyes:

13. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

I would go RTF2, I love the rounded serrations, and makes for a easier grip to rack the slide. The rough texture frame is perfect IMO, feels good and fits the hand nicely.

14. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Curved serrations are over and done with on the RTF2 models once current stock is sold. :wavey:

15. oISHUTupNrocKIo

Yea, I know... thats stupid... I've been looking to get a Glock RTF for some time now, and since I don't turn 21 until mid-March, I'm screwed. It was discontinued a month before I could get my hands on one... my luck. I'm still going to try my hardest to get my long anticipated Glock 19 RTF2 though.

16. desert gator

desert gator Glockaholic

I like the feel of the rtf2, but wouldn't get one if it where going to be a ccw piece. I have heard many complaints of guys being rubbed raw by the grip and some complaints of it even wearing holes through undershirts

17. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

Just wait for the Gen 4 Glock 19...way better grip then RTF2

18. ju993rnaut

ju993rnaut

I like my g17 rtf2 I like the half moon slide, and I dont find the texture harsh at all I guess my hands are kinda rough. And I really like that theres alot of people who dont like it too. And I like that it was only made for 1yr.

As far as which one you should buy, thats up to you. Go put hands on polymer and decide for yourself.

19. oISHUTupNrocKIo

The "Rough" Texture Frame isn't made of razor blades. And as for carrying it, its nothing a tucked in t-shirt won't fix so it doesn't rub the skin (don't know why people wouldn't do this in the first place).

20. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Short Answer: G19 RTF2, absolutely. Long Answer: the other replies are correct that you need to handle one before you make a purchase. BUT, I have a G17 RTF2, and it's FREAKING FANTASTIC. It's like the gun is gripping ME. No other handgun has a more solid, crisp grip (at least not one I've handled.) I have a G30 with a rubberized slip on grip, and it's pretty good, but no where near the fock solid handle on the RTF2.

Also, I'm told they have discontinued the "crescent" serrations on the slide due to unpopularity. My 17 has the crescents, and I kinda like them, but the traditional vertical serrations are better because they all the way to the upper and lower edge of the slide for full coverage grip on the pull back.

The only thing to consider, as others have mentioned here, is if you're planning on carrying the weapon concealed against your skin. It may irritate, and I've heard of police officers complaining that it kinda scruffed up their uniform shirts. BUT, this could be solved if you use a holster with a high barrier (like the Crossbreed Supertuck.)

Do yourself a HUGE favor: Get the RTF2. :rock: