close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 more accurate than my Glock 34?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rebeldon, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

I am now shooting more accurately and more consistent with my Glock 19 than I am with my Glock 34. My Glock 34 came with a 3.5# connector, and the connection points are polished. I installed a BoMar target sights too. My Glock 19 came with the 5# trigger connector, but I changed it to a 3.5# trigger and connection points are polished. But the mass of my shoots were still centered at about seven o’clock in the 10 ring. So then I had the original Glock adjustable sights from my Glock 34 installed on my Glock 19, and after adjusting it at the range, I’m drilling the X as well as with my Sig P226 or Beretta 92FS. And my shot intervals with the 19 is half than with either the Sig or the Beretta.

To be fair, I haven’t shot my Glock 34 in a couple of months, so maybe I’m just better now. I’ll have take the Glock 34 to the range next time and see how I do with it.

All this to say, I’m really very satisfied with my Glock 19. I can’t foresee ever selling it or trading it in. I’ve also had the Glock factory extended magazine catch and a Glock factory extended slide release installed--and a Hogue grip. It is such a pleasure to shoot. It wasn't quite perfect when I bought it, but now it is. I’m really spoiled now.;f

2. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

the compact frame might fit your hand better, making good shooting easier with the smaller gun. I know I shoot the 19 better than the 17/34...

3. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

I hadn't thought of that. Could be true.

4. isuzu

isuzu

It could be a combination of the firearm and the ammo used. Some ammo perform better on certain types of weapons.

5. jaxxx

jaxxx

whats a good ammo to use with a G19 or g17?

6. isuzu

isuzu

You'll have to invest in finding out what ammo suits your Glock. Try getting a copy of I think, the 2001, 2002 or 2003 Glock Annual. It featured different kinds of ammo tested on Glock 9mms.

7. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

^I think the UMC stuff suits my Glock real well.

Today's range results are an example of my accuracy with my Glock 19 at 15 yards, no rest, using UMC 115-grain. It's the best 5-shot group I've shot with it yet, which of course, is why I took a photo of it. ;f
    [​IMG]

I never had this kind of 5-shot group with my Glock 34. In fact, it's tigher than I've ever achieved with my Sig P226 or Beretta 92FS, although not as centered on the target. It's exactly 1-inch. The first four shots were practically on top of each other, while the fifth was close to the middle of the target. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to reproduce these results. The old dude next to me said, "That's as good a group I'd ever seen."

8. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

I experienced the same thing with my G-19 and G-34! I traded the G-34!

9. Entreri

Entreri Shooter

Yup, same thing with me.

I've owned a 26, 17, 19, and 34.

I still have my G19!

10. Bannack

Bannack

I shoot groups like that with a Beretta 92FS and my G-19 as well ;f Hands down the G-19 is my carry gun.

11. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

I'm thinking that is what I will do.

12. glocker2006

glocker2006

If I wanted a do all Glock it would be the G19.

13. catman-do

catman-do

I carry and shoot only a G19, sold all of my other handguns except my old colt 70 series. The G19 is all I will ever need, great shooter and carry weapon.

14. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I have run into the same thing. At this time I have a 17, & 17L and shoot better with the 17. I had a 34 and traded it off because I shot the 17 better. I have a 23 that I carry, I got rid of the 22 & 35. I was thinking of getting a 24 but I am now thinking of getting a 19 instead. It seems like the 19/23 size are what is best for me. Who knows?
    Like I have told others keep what you shoot best. I guess I need to practice what?? Do as I say My self. ;Q
    Guess it's time to go pistol shopping again.

Supposed to be in the Mid 70's & Sunny tomorrow.

Rusty ;c :cool:

15. Makoman

Makoman

Democratik People's Republik of Kommiefornia
    From what I read on this board and others it seems that this isn't uncommon for the G19. It would seem that out of the box it's probably one of if not the most accurate of the glocks. I know that I shoot better with it than any other Glock I have fired as well.

16. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

Another thing on the 17 I opened up the factory sights. I trimed out the black inside the white outline on the factory sights. This allows more daylight on each side of the front sight, my old eyes don't see as good as they used to, so this might be some of the diference. I can find the front sight faster.

Rusty:cool:

17. Kartar

Kartar

I actually shoot my Glock 26 better than either the 19 or 17. It's because the hump on the back of the grip is higher. I do have Pierce 0 extensions. Also Dremeled the bottom of the trigger guard to make more room for my middle finger.