Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to flip the mag release on a 1st gen 19? My friend is a lefty, and i am no gunsmith..

·
20,437 Posts
It is not possible. Other lefties have learned to work around it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Have him use his trigger finger on left hand. Works fine for me.

Pat

·
Registered
466 Posts
As stated, it is not possible and the trigger finger of the shooting hand can press the magazine catch. Just make sure that the thumb of the same hand is not preventing the magazine catch from being depressed on the other side.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't say for sure, I don't have it here with me, It was a gift from Broward County Sherrif's office in the 80's. I do know that this 19 has had about 10,000 rounds through it..

Will any of the 3rd gen's allow you to flip the mag release?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can't say for sure, I don't have it here with me, It was a gift from Broward County Sherrif's office in the 80's. I do know that this 19 has had about 10,000 rounds through it..

Will any of the 3rd gen's allow you to flip the mag release?
Neither second nor third gen Glocks will allow you to flip the safety. Nor is it necessary. Glock safety can be operated easily by either the trigger or the middle finger of your hand if you are a lefty. The technique is not hard to learn and in my opinion is superior to operating it with your thumb as it requires no shift of the grip.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have it, it is my friends. I will call him later, because I am very curios myself......what would the value be? If infact it was a 1st gen?, of course in decent shape.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I don't have it, it is my friends. I will call him later, because I am very curios myself......what would the value be? If infact it was a 1st gen?, of course in decent shape.
1st Generation has the smooth, rounded “pebble-grip”. The 2nd Generation has the “Grenade-style” checkering with NO fingergrooves. I'm not sure about value.

Picture coutesy of Butch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts