close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 jammed!!! What to do.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scrubdadde, Dec 30, 2002.

Tags:
  1. scrubdadde

scrubdadde

My glock 19 is jammed and I can not break it down. There is an unfired round in the barrel and I can not get it out. It might be a different caliber round in the barrel. I am not sure. That is what I get for not watching my friend load my gun. Has anyone had this happen before? I really need some help on this one. Thank you Geoff Carroll

2. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

If the weapon went completely into battery, and you pulled the trigger, and nothing happened, it sounds like an un-crimped reload with a high primer. A 40 S&W will not go into a G19. First get the weapon in a safe direction and background, grab the slide with the left hand over the top, and use your right hand in the usual grip position to ram the frame forward. This will normally extract the round. It can take some ramming though. Once out, inspect the round.

3. 132

Just out of curiosity, what kind of ammo were you using? I have seen this happen 3 separate time recently, all with the cheap priced Russian ammo, Silver Bear? In all three instances it fired the round, and the extractor jumped the rim, wedging the case in the chamber pretty darn tight. Happened to me once, and I blamed it on the gun, which was an XD-9 (my mistake). About a week later a guy brought me a G17 with the same problem, and then yesterday I was in a gunshop when a female brought a 9mm USP in with the exact same problem. I haven't used it since I had my problem, and I informed my dealer (who was selling it very cheap) that this ammo was junk, and that it was causing some problems in some very quality guns. Advised he would close it out (to some unwitting victim) and not buy any more. May not be your problem at all, but thought it deserved a heads up.

4. bill clancy

bill clancy

It may be a case with a bulge, I had that problem with my first run of reloads in my 9mm. To get it to extract hold the pistol in a firing grip, press down on the muzzle end of the slide, on the edge of something wooden, & unmoveable like a picnic bench. You may have to press harder than you think.

5. billcameron

billcameron

While I have never seen it happen, I suspect a Makorov round could go in and jam 9mm pistol. I loaded this round for a time and it is a slightly wider diameter than 9mm. But probably a bad crimp or oversized round. Maybe a reload that was not properly resized.

6. 357glocker

357glocker

Had the same problem with silver bear 145 grn HP in my marlin camp 9.

7. Pablo

Pablo Millennium Member

Whoa! I just came to the boards here to ask for advice on the same problem as the original poster! Happy (?) coincidence! ;g

My scenario today was trying out a .40 Federal Arms barrel in my 27. All rounds (not my reloads) were tested beforehand, and easily dropped into the chamber by hand. However, they didn't want to feed from the magazine very easily. I was able to tap the rear of the slide for the first 2 rounds & get it into battery (and were very accurate shots :)), but the 3rd round is now jammed. It's fully in the chamber, the extractor has the rim, but the slide is just a tiny fraction too far back and won't go forward any further. I have the magazine out, but can't break it down any further. I'll have to try the couple of ideas mentioned here, otherwise I'm off to find an armorer.

8. Pablo

Pablo Millennium Member

Just a quick update on my jammed 27. A fair amount of force on the front of the slide allowed it to go back far enough to eject the round. Creases on the round showed that it in fact was not fully seated, and was in at a slight angle. A little FP-10 on the slide will remove the scrape marks from the wood bench used to push against.