close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Glock 19, How much?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Jhangles, Feb 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Jhangles

Jhangles

Hello Everyone,

First off, I'd like to say how awesome it is for me to have found this forum.. So far everyone seems pretty nice, and informative..

Okay, now for my question. I have a good friend who is selling his Glock 19 with 3 extra clips (10 round) and 2 concealed carry holsters.
    The gun is basically brand new (only been fired about 200 times). He's asking $600 for the gun and the extras.. I'm wondering if this is a good price? I've seen the gun and it's in really good shape. What do you guys think?

Thanks a ton
    Beau

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

what type of holster? how many magazines total, 3 or 5?

in my area this is the break down on new parts.
    G19 ($480) + extra mgazine ($20) + holsters (?)

seems high, unless it has night sights...

i bought a 3rd gen G19 used w/ Mep night sights for $439 and everything that comes with it new.

3. Jhangles

Jhangles

Cool, thank you for the reply.

I'll talk to him some more and get more specific info. I'll find out exactly what sights are on it and about the holsters. I'll post the info, so I can find out if i'm going to be paying too much.. At a good gun shop, how much would a G19 in good condition go for?

Thanks again,
    Beau

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

depends on the shop. at good shops that don't overcharge, used Glock (regardless of Gen) go for $419 - $439

5. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Where in WA are you? Depending on where you're from a new Glock could range anywhere from $500 on up. And a used one (in any condition) $450 on up. Depending on where you are at in the state I might be able to point you toward a couple good dealers to compare prices with. And if you can, find out more about those holsters and we can try giving you an estimate on those too. ;I

6. ExNavyInHouston

ExNavyInHouston PashnOfTheGlock

In Houston you can get a new Glock 19 every gun show for $449.00 you can get NEW FACTORY magazines DELIVERED for $16 each from Ivanhoe Outlet (online).

So the math works out this way:
    Gun - $449.00
    Tax - $ 37.00
    Mag - $32.00 (for two)

Total $ 518 out the door

Oh wait ... $5 to park and $5 to get in .. So $528.00

7. Glockster_James

Prices like that make me wish I lived in Texas but I know I couldn't stand the heat. Can't hardly stand it here in WA. Hehe. The gun shows here (smaller ones anyways) seem to be pretty proud of their guns, especially Glocks. Have seen used/abused/beat up stock G17 and G19s going for as high as $700 at gun shows here...and it had no box, no manual, no brush and rod, just one 10 round mag and the gun. Haven't been able to make any of the bigger gun shows here yet but plan to this year. :) Hoping they have better deals at the bigger gun shows. ;I

8. Jhangles

Jhangles

I'm still trying to get a hold of the guy, but he hasn't been around lately. I'm actually in the Kent/Renton area.

This is actually going to be my first handgun, so if you guys have any suggestions on what would be a good first gun, or anything that you think would be better than the G19, i'd be most appreciative. I have fired handguns in the past, and know how to handle them. I've just never purchased one before. I just turned 21 in august.

Thanks again,
    Beau

9. Glockster_James

:) Went through the same thing last May. Kind of exciting to finally be able to go buy your own handgun and everything. I'll PM you with a great place to talk to. ;I

10. Jhangles

Jhangles

Very cool, thanks for the info! I'm always happy to get more information on this, i just want to make sure I don't get taken for more money than I need to.

Thanks,
    Beau

11. Jhangles

Jhangles

Okay, I ended up buying the gun. He gave me the gun, the two origional Mags, 100 rounds of ammo, everything that origionally came with it, and two holsters. A Galco shoulder holster with a spot for two mags, and a Bianchi belt holster, both leather. together, new the holsters would be worth over $230. And they have no wear or tear on them. The gun had only been shot 200 times, and had no scratches or wear that I could see even when I feild stipped it. I went out this last saturday, and it fired very nicely.. So all in all I'm very happy with my purchase.

I'd like to thank everyone who gave me their opinions and advice. And thanks for the info Glockste_James.

Now I live in Washington state, Should I register the gun??

Thanks again!
    Beau

12. Glockster_James

You're always welcome for all the info. And congrats on the purchase. Long as you're happy thats all that matters.

There is no need to register the gun. If you get your CCW, they don't even care what gun you're packin so you're good to go. But may also want to look into www.packing.org for more information on WA CCW. Also, at some gun shops can get a small book called "Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities" by Dave Workman. Seems to be a very informative book on our state laws and CCW. Costs like $8 and worth every penny I think if ya not up on the laws.

Also, not sure if you're interested or not, but next weekend (March 22/23) not sure if Sat. or Sun. yet, but probably going to get together with one or two other WA GT members at Bullseye in Tacoma if the weather is still poor then for some shooting. If you're interested PM me and let me know and will have more details worked out by the middle of next week. Probably just be 5 of us at the most.

Oh yeah, I'll show you how to completely disassemble and reassemble the Glock if you want too. Its pretty easy and quick to do if you haven't learned yet. Take care. ;I

13. Jhangles

Jhangles

Hey, that sounds like alot of fun. I'll check my schedule and get back to you either late today, or tomorrow some time.

Thanks!
    Beau

14. Fidel

Fidel

Got mine NIB w/ 3 ten-rounders for $399

@ 911 Industries. Unfortunately, you have to be involved in law enforcement :(

Fidel

15. Jhangles

Jhangles

Well Sorry guys, but I won't be able to tag along this weekend... I forgot that I had already committed to other plans.. But next time you guys decide to go shoot let me know! I totally like to go with you next time.

911 industries seems pretty cool.. Too bad i'm not in law enforcement..