close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 holster options

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CPG19, Feb 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. CPG19

CPG19

I'm Looking For Holster For My Glock 19 . After Doing Some Research , Most Recommends Crossbreed Supertuck .

My Main Concern is Wear On Slide .. What Brands and Type of Material Would You Recommend For My Glock 19

I Would Like To Use It For Conceal Carry

2. bandmasterjf

bandmasterjf

I've got a supertuck, galco tuckngo and a clipdraw. I find myself using the clipdraw more than anything.

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

4. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

5. dobegrant

dobegrant

I have several iwb holsters but my everydau carry holster has become my sidearmor iwb, made of kydex it is secure for my 19 or 23, when it gets hot here and you sweat it doesn't wet like my leather holster did and the holster is easier to draw and return the gun. I quite often shoot my 19/23 in IDPA and regularily use the sidearmor iwb holster. :wavey:

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Any holster you use, is going to cause wear. Anyone who tells you otherwise, is lying. *Typically*... Leather wears the "whole slide".. because there's usually friction w/ the entire slide to hold the weapon. Kydex, typically wears in "points"... Near the muzzle and trigger guard, are the most common ones I've saw.

The cross breed being a hybrid holster, you can probably expect a little bit of both. A defensive gun is a tool, not a collectible.

Edit: I forgot... GO COLTS!

IGF

7. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

When it comes to carrying a Glock wear on the slide shouldn't even be a factor in your decision.

Pick a holster that adequately secures the gun and is comfortable. Bonus points if it fits additional sizes/models (such as slide versions).

The Supertuck is a good holster and is quite popular around here.

8. docj78

docj78

Admittedly, my opinion comes from much less experience than most all of the folks here, but for $9.99 at Academy sports I picked up an Uncle Mike's "inside the pants" holster. Size 15

I needed a holster to "get me by" with my new G23. I've carried it hours/all day for about a week and it's been fine.

Certainly not the most secure/rententive holster b/c it's basically just a neoprene sleeve, but the comfort is great. I can see that I'll pick up something more substantial at a later date, but the Uncle Mike's will always have role for certain clothing and conditions. $10 bucks as a local/immediate purcahse--I went ahead and threw away the receipt

9. Texas49er

Texas49er Senior Member

C-Tac - (Kydex) - secures mainly on front of trigger guard. Very little wear on my G-27 after years of EDC. Be sure to get a good gunbelt.

10. Wade-19

Wade-19

I've used C-tac, Kramer #3 and VMII. C-tac is a close second to the VMII .

11. pens-66

pens-66

As you will learn after buying a few holsters that what might be one persons "Holy Grail" of all holsters might be the next guy's "thorn in the side". Everyone's build is different and the way a holster will fit or mold itself to them is a big factor..A good thing here on GT is that if you buy a good holster and end up not liking it you can recoup most of your money selling it.
    On that note, my main carry holster for my G19 is a Crossbreed Supertuck with the combat cut and a Comp-tac Infidel for those days I need to remove my gun multiple times. Good luck :wavey:

12. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW

For outside the waisband I have found the Safariland 5188 works very well. I have been carrying my G19 in one for three months and have only found one small spot where the finish is wearing through on the slide. It is suede lined and very gentle on the gun. You can also adjust the tension on the gun and it is very comfortable for 9 hours of carry daily. Best part was that it didn't break the bank (under $30).

13. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

The best way to keep wear off your slide is to leave the gun in a safe. If you're carrying it, it will wear. Nothing to worry about.