Glock 19 Hollowpoints at Range

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PirateShot, Jul 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. PirateShot

PirateShot CalmerThanYou

Well I thought I would give a little report of some ammo testing I did today with my Glock 19. I purchased the gun in May and it has about 600 rounds through it or so. I shot 124gr Speer GoldDots and experienced no problems, 135gr Federal Hydrashock with no problems. Just a small sample, but I have never experienced any of the current problems discussed on GT with this Glock. The serial is GCAXXX. Cheers.;V

2. cl147

cl147 I dig SIG

;R
    [conspiracy theory]
    I think there are five or six guys, who REALLY hate Glocks. I think they come onto internet bulletin boards under about thirty names each, and bash Glock at every opportunity.

This is one of those opportunites.

While a minor problem may exist, I think the errornet and it's bulletin boards have blown it waaaaay out of proportion.[/conspiracy theory]

3. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Well,there does exist a problem with some G19s but it is easliy fixed.

4. cl147

cl147 I dig SIG

I think the errornet and it's bulletin boards have blown it waaaaay out of proportion
    Just like the telephone game we played in school as an example of how things get twisted from being repeated so many times.

5. gary newport

gary newport

If you have a G19 that consistently experiences Last Round Nosedives with flat point or hollow point ammo (as a number of people do), what is "out of proportion"? The problem is real, documented, and understood. It is not universal among recent G19s. It is restricted to Clintonized (10 round) magazines. It is easily solved by installing 9mm4 (or the discontinued 9mm3) followers.

A relatively small number of G19 owners complain about more general problems with malfunctions. There doesn't seem to be a simple explanation for these cases.

6. cole

cole Millennium Member

Also, think in terms of volume. Of the problems shared, how small a percentage are they in terms of total units sold? Sure, if you have the 1 (e.g. "in a million") it seems significant. But, in the big picture there are 999,999 functional units. It's also in human nature to complain more than praise. Always has been, always will be.