Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used snap caps Tip ton to see how it fires. I thought it is central fire. Whitout snap cap, on dry fire it must hit the rim as well. why 2 marks. One fire and 2 marks on primer ?
Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part Circle Button

. I check and is it strange that there are two traces/marks, is it normal ?
Liquid Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Drink

Toy airplane Aircraft Toy Vehicle Aviation

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That could be the ejector contact point. If you were racking the slide quite stoutly, the sharp edge of the ejector may have done that. Otherwise it would have had to be an out of battery striker hit which on a hand manipulated dry fire action would seem a very unlikely event, if the weapon would even dry fire that far out of battery. I don't think it can actually.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the dent line up with the ejector?
I dont know, how to check it ?

That could be the ejector contact point. If you were racking the slide quite stoutly, the sharp edge of the ejector may have done that. Otherwise it would have had to be an out of battery striker hit which on a hand manipulated dry fire action would seem a very unlikely event, if the weapon would even dry fire that far out of battery. I don't think it can actually.
You might be right. Thank you for that first answer.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Load your dummy rounds into the chamber from the magazine. Don't put a dummy round into the chamber with your fingers through the ejection port and then close the slide because this method is asking the extractor to jump around the casing, and could damage the extractor; This method puts a lot of pressure on the extractor. When the bullet is loaded from the magazine, the bullet casing normally slides behind the extractor, instead of jumping around it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Load your dummy rounds into the chamber from the magazine. Don't put a dummy round into the chamber with your fingers through the ejection port and then close the slide because this method is asking the extractor to jump around the casing, and could damage the extractor; This method puts a lot of pressure on the extractor. When the bullet is loaded from the magazine, the bullet casing normally slides behind the extractor, instead of jumping around it.
I load it throught magazine

·
Registered
9,638 Posts
I highly doubt it's the firing pin.
I'll also lean torward the ejector.

For the FP to be responsible, something would have to be broken or damaged.

If it was OOB strikes, I would think the strikes would be off center on the primer and not that far up in the brass.

·
Mr. Awesome
12,703 Posts
If its ejector then its absolutly normal ?
Does your bullets have same 2 marks on primer ?
I don’t have any fired brass I can check that I know I shot out of one of my GLOCKs.

I believe it’s normal and not an issue, with the data given.

Reactions: Tresbien

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have some fired brass from my G45 that has the exact same marks in the exact same places. It's the ejector out on the rim, firing pin in the center.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts