Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know which night sights will raise the POI for a Glock 19 Gen5 FS?

I shot my new Glock 19 Gen5 FS pistol yesterday, but noticed that the POI seems to be lower than a Glock 19 Gen4. I have read in some posts here that the Gen5 sights seems to have a higher front sight. If so, that would explain the lower POI I experienced.

Anyhow, I am looking to put some night sights on this new model 19 Gen5 FS. But, I would like some that will raise the POI - preferably a 6 o'clock hold. Do you have any suggestions that would work? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
3mm or 5mm

I was using Ameriglo XLs and they just weren't cutting it with my optic. So I put 5XLs on and I was amazed at how well I shot with the 5mm sights.

Using the rear only might help. You're going to have to guess what height you need.

The Glock Shop offers
these:

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a red dot optic on my pistol. It is not a MOS version. It is just the normal Glock 19 Gen5 FS (front slide serrations).

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does anybody know which night sights will raise the POI for a Glock 19 Gen5 FS?

I shot my new Glock 19 Gen5 FS pistol yesterday, but noticed that the POI seems to be lower than a Glock 19 Gen4. I have read in some posts here that the Gen5 sights seems to have a higher front sight. If so, that would explain the lower POI I experienced.

Anyhow, I am looking to put some night sights on this new model 19 Gen5 FS. But, I would like some that will raise the POI - preferably a 6 o'clock hold. Do you have any suggestions that would work? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
I installed OEM glock adjustable rear sight on my G45, that worked for me and only set me back $20 on ebay.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Any set of sights for a Gen 4 or earlier will do what you want to do. Your gun doesn't shoot low, Glock changed the sight picture on the Gen 5's to a "combat hold". Previous generations were a 6 o'clock hold. So, if you try to use a 6 o'clock hold with a Gen 5, the point of impact will be low because it is expected that you, basically, cover what you want to hit with the dot on the front sight.

Get any set of sights for a non-Gen 5 and that should clear it right up...at least, it did on my Gen 5's. I also saw your other thread about 19x sights. They will also work. The 19x is not a true Gen 5 gun and uses the earlier generation sights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any set of sights for a Gen 4 or earlier will do what you want to do. Your gun doesn't shoot low, Glock changed the sight picture on the Gen 5's to a "combat hold". Previous generations were a 6 o'clock hold. So, if you try to use a 6 o'clock hold with a Gen 5, the point of impact will be low because it is expected that you, basically, cover what you want to hit with the dot on the front sight.

Get any set of sights for a non-Gen 5 and that should clear it right up...at least, it did on my Gen 5's. I also saw your other thread about 19x sights. They will also work. The 19x is not a true Gen 5 gun and uses the earlier generation sights.
Jarrod37387,

Thank you very much for your response and help. You are exactly correct with what you said. I just spoke with Glock technical assistance today, and they told me the Gen4 and earlier Glocks came with a 6.5mm rear sight. My Gen5 Glock 19 has a 6.1mm rear sight on it. That explains why the Gen5 pistols shoot lower with a 6 o'clock hold. Glock said that they are mailing out to me a 6.5mm rear sight free of charge. That was great customer service on their end.

I am still contemplating night sights for my Glock 19 Gen5. Do you, or anyone else, know if the Meprolight model ML10224 night sights (fixed sights) will raise my POI? Are those Meprolight night sights regulated the way the earlier generation Glocks were with a 6 o'clock hold?

Thanks again for your explanation, and Glock correlated exactly with your post.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
...I am still contemplating night sights for my Glock 19 Gen5. Do you, or anyone else, know if the Meprolight model ML10224 night sights (fixed sights) will raise my POI? Are those Meprolight night sights regulated the way the earlier generation Glocks were with a 6 o'clock hold?
According to the information on those sights, the rear sight is a 6.5mm and the front sight is a +0 or standard height. That would stand to reason as that model number for the sights has been around since the early 2000's, well before the Gen 5's were released. You should be good to go with those.

I run red dots on most of my handguns so I normally use blacked out Ameriglo suppressor height sights or Trijicon bright and tough sights. However, if I was going to run iron sights only and depend on them, I would either run the Trijicon HD GL101 or Truglo TFX Pro sights. Another alternative is the Ameriglo Agent GL-852. Sights are a pretty subjective thing. You just need to find a set you like made for Gen 1-4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts