Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NRA Patron Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered a G-19 MOS (Olive Drab) and a Trijicon RMR 6.5 optic. I should be able to get the gun transferred to me from a local dealer by the end of this week if the shipping info is correct, and I'll be affixing the red dot this weekend. Can't wait!

Questions to anyone who has done this:

* I'm assuming the stock plastic Glock sights *cannot* co-witness with the RMR, and that I'd have to replace them with taller sights (and of course iron, cause iron should have been there in the first place), but would suppressor height sights be too tall actually?
* Would you recommend not absolute co-witnessing and instead going for lower 1/3 co-witness?
* What brand/model of replacement sights would you recommend?
* Or is the thought of trying to co-witness just kind if ridiculous and I should just remove the plastic sights and be done with it? I guess my thought there is that I would kind of like a backup in case the RMR dies.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Questions to anyone who has done this:

* I'm assuming the stock plastic Glock sights *cannot* co-witness with the RMR, and that I'd have to replace them with taller sights (and of course iron, cause iron should have been there in the first place), but would suppressor height sights be too tall actually?YES, YOU'LL NEED TO REPLACE THEM. SUPPRESSOR HEIGHT SIGHTS ARE FINE.
* Would you recommend not absolute co-witnessing and instead going for lower 1/3 co-witness?1/3 COWITNESS AND I'M PRETTY SURE THAT IS WHAT ALL SUPPRESSOR HEIGHT SIGHTS FOR THE G19 WILL GIVE YOU
* What brand/model of replacement sights would you recommend?I CAN ONLY TELL YOU WHAT I PUT ON (AND I'M HAPPY WITH THEM). AMERIGLO SUPRESSOR NS-BLACK RS AND TRITIUM FS
* Or is the thought of trying to co-witness just kind if ridiculous and I should just remove the plastic sights and be done with it? I guess my thought there is that I would kind of like a backup in case the RMR dies.I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE SOME KIND OF BACK-UP SIGHTS. PLUS AS YOU ARE GETTING USED TO THE RMR, THEY WILL BE AN AID IN QUICKLY PICKING UP THE RED DOT.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Reactions: Voidshot9
1 - 6 of 6 Posts