close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 Gen4 first 100 rounds report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rolltide_pisco, Apr 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Patron Life Member

First off Happy Easter to everyone! Today was my first day shooting my G19 G4 so here's my report

Guns
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Walther PPS .40 cal
    Rossi .38

Ammo
    WWB 115 gr (100 rounds)
    Speer Gold-Dot 124 gr (15 rounds)

Walther: Remington UMC 180gr 40 S&W
    Rossi: Remington UMC .38 special

Out of 100 WWB rounds, I had at least 8-10 hit me in the forehead. Only one round did not eject completely. When I switched to the Gold-dot no flaws. All ejected good and not one hit me. I used the default grip on it, no bigger backstrap. Overall I love the dual recoil. I felt I had control of the G19 and can't wait to get back out there when I restock ammo.

Walther is just too skinny for me. I know it's made for better concealment but my hands are just for something a little thicker. The gun chambered well and it confirmed to me if I jump from 9 to 40 my next Glock will be G23 G4.

Rossi was cool but I might want something smaller. I've had my eye on a Taurus 85 Ultralight but in all not bad.

So besides the 115 WWB taking a few to the dome, I love my Glock and my gold-dot. Gave a field strip clean with some Ballistol and it's back in the nightstand.

I'm a new shooter and my best target with one clip was 9 out of 15. It'll take me some time but happy to pop my shooting cherry.