Glock Talk banner

Glock 19 gen2, no serial number on plate frame

1028 12
Good moorning, my name is Frank, I´m from Argentina. I bought a glock 19 generation 2, with a barrel and slide serial number. Inspite of that it hasn´t frame plate serial number. Do you have any idea how is it possible? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I am from Europe and all my Glocks have frame serial plate.
I would guess all your Glock are newer than 1989.

Most of the collectible Glocks imported to the US from the EU do not have serial numbers on the frame. A serial number has to be added to the frame by the importer along with the importer’s mark.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I would guess all your Glock are newer than 1989.

Most of the collectible Glocks imported to the US from the EU do not have serial numbers on the frame. A serial number has to be added to the frame by the importer along with the importer’s mark.
Yes they are. That makes sense, thanks for the info, didn't know this.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Su G 19 fue hecho para el mercado europeo, ellos consideran el cañón la parte registrada no el marco. Así que el marco no está serializado , buen arma , el código de fecha es difícil de leer pero se fabricó en 1989 . Hay una gran cantidad de información en este foro de coleccionistas. disfrutar
[/COTIZAR]
Thanks, yes, in March 1989 (NTD). Is it correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Para confirmar las respuestas de @sawtoothjoe y @mtstream:

@OBV publicó la siguiente respuesta de Glock sobre el tema:

[ADJUNTAR=completo]1118005[/ADJUNTAR]

Glock 19 gen 2 sin serie en la placa del marco | charla glock
[/COTIZAR]
Gracias.
To confirm @sawtoothjoe and @mtstream replies:

@OBV posted the following reply from Glock on the subject:

View attachment 1118005

Glock 19 gen 2 no serial on frame plate | Glock Talk
Thank you. Anyway, why do they add the frame plate? Thank you in advance for your answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most likely Austrian market version. My 19 was made in 91, doesn't have a frame SN.

Probably easier for them to produce one type of frame and stamp whatever they need/don't need on it later.
T

It draws my attention that the frame says "glock austria" as opposed to "Glock inc. Smyrna, GA" What is your opinion?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because it's made in Austria, only the Glocks importe by Glock USA are marked with the location of their facilities at Georgia.
Glocks with Austrian proof marks are more desirable than others...
Thanks. I thought it would be a problem that it does not have the serial number on the frame. But it a very cool.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Here in the US it would be an issue (problem) with a unmarked receiver or lower frame manufactured by Glock. This is why importers of early Glocks such as yours laser engraved to ATF specs that same slide number/importer info somewhere on the frame. Commonly on top of the underside of the trigger guard. This is done when the metal plate is absent.
You would need to be familiar with your own laws as it relates to private ownership of firearms and what constitutes the actual firearm.
Just insuring you recognize individual countries have their own unique laws.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts