GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
shepardoffire775
69 Posts
For guys who own both or has fired both, is it true that the Glock 19X edges out the Glock 19 Gen 5 in terms of having a smoother and lighter trigger??? Many praise the trigger on the Glock 19X but I have yet seen one come through the local gun shop so I never had the chance to actually feel it out. Some even say that there is no noticable difference between the triggers on the Gen 4 vs Gen 5 but I own both and find that the Gen 5 is just that much smoother and lighter. Thinking about picking up a 19X when it shows up.
Get the 19x. Good smooth firi g gun for the money

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, I have had a few Glocks over the years, but I still like my Gen 3 G23 a lot. It shoots the best in my hands and I still have the original Glock plastic sights on it. I guess it's just what you get used to.

Spatin

You said it! It’s so easy to get caught up in the frenzy of new guns. In reality my first gen3 g19 is probability my favorite. I wish I could collect them all.[/QUOTE

·
Registered
252 Posts
For people with wide hands, the NOTCH on any Glock frame is painful. I have trained 100's of people defensive shooting with a Glock. I see VERY OFTEN people hit the mag release button and wonder why the mag is still in the Glock, OR people pull on the mag BEFORE PRESSING THE BUTTON.
The mag release button MUST be Press Hard and remain pressed until the mag comes out of the gun. In the 200,000 rounds I have shot in Glocks, I have never had to RIP the mag out.
Due to bad weather and time, I have only fired my 19X about 700 rounds. I love it ! The night sights or great, BUT I replaced them with HiViz fiber optic front sights and the steel OEM rear sight. Yes I can tell a difference in the factory trigger pull on the 19X.
Actually I had to do just that a month or so ago in my Spring Range Inservice. OUr range has a very fine gravel base and it had just rained so it was still muddy. Doing "tactical" shooting courses, I dropped my empty mags into the course mud. I noticed in the next course of fire that fine gravel stuck to the outside of my mag caused it to jam into the magwell. So I had to use the very cutout that everyone complains about to quickly pull the empty mag out and then get it reloaded and continue my string of fire. Could I have cleared it without the cutout? Of course. However, it made it MUCH quicker to have the cutout as well as the extended lip on the mag base. BTW, the flared magwell makes a HUGE difference in the speed of my reloads.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I fing love all these glocks, after considering p365, i decided on g26... This one will be my summer conceal carry. At the end of day, being able to use all other g19 magazines and poor launch of p365 were key to me.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I fing love all these glocks, after considering p365, i decided on g26... This one will be my summer conceal carry. At the end of day, being able to use all other g19 magazines and poor launch of p365 were key to me.
I looked at the 365, but decided I really don't need anything smaller than my 26 for summer CCW myself.

Neat little gun though

·
NRA Member
791 Posts
Triggers are the same. I prefer the grip of the 19X and the concealability of the 19 Gen 5.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I shot a 17 Gen4, 17 Gen5, and 19X, back to back to back

Only discernable difference to me was finger grooves, which I prefer but my daughter does not, so it looks like a Gen5 or 19X is in my future.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Only put 150 rounds through each. No issues. I’m headed back in a bit to run 100 rounds suppressed through each.

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,954 Posts
They are very close at least to me. I do like the 19X grip slightly more than the 19, but the 19 is still my go to platform.

TXPO

·
NRA MEMBER
111 Posts
For guys who own both or has fired both, is it true that the Glock 19X edges out the Glock 19 Gen 5 in terms of having a smoother and lighter trigger??? Many praise the trigger on the Glock 19X but I have yet seen one come through the local gun shop so I never had the chance to actually feel it out. Some even say that there is no noticable difference between the triggers on the Gen 4 vs Gen 5 but I own both and find that the Gen 5 is just that much smoother and lighter. Thinking about picking up a 19X when it shows up.
Definitely the trigger!!!!Try them both and you will notice the difference.

·
Supports Our Flag
4,037 Posts
Even though there are slight variations betweens Glocks of the same model, my 19X has a tad less pre-travel and a more crisp break vs. my 19.5.

Was trying hard to hold out [on the 19X] until Glock released it in black, but that didn't work out too well.

After a mere ~1,300 rounds, I'm absolutely in love with the 19X.

The 17.4 is my current USPSA Production pistol. But when the black 19X [finally] arrives, I can see it finding some holster time.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Even though there are slight variations betweens Glocks of the same model, my 19X has a tad less pre-travel and a more crisp break vs. my 19.5.

Was trying hard to hold out [on the 19X] until Glock released it in black, but that didn't work out too well.

After a mere ~1,300 rounds, I'm absolutely in love with the 19X.

The 17.4 is my current USPSA Production pistol. But when the black 19X [finally] arrives, I can see it finding some holster time.
My favorite is my 17.4. I shot my 19.3 last week, and I was surprised at how accurate it was at 25 feet.

However, when Gaston Glock and his boys come out with the 19X in black, I’m in. I’m not buying a yellow/brown pistol.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
All Glock triggers are luck of the draw. Ask the gunstore to dryfire as many as they will let you to pick the best one.
I fully agree. The triggers differ on Glocks. I do like my G19X trigger better than my G19 Gen5. It doesn't matter if the trigger parts on any Glock are "the same". They differ. By the way, I sold my G19 Gen5 last week as I have other G19s. For me, the magazine compatibility on top of liking the G19X made the G19 Gen5 one I would rarely shoot. It was a great gun, no issues.

Reactions: jr24

·
Registered
77 Posts
Has anyone replaced the standard slide lock lever on the 19X with an extended lever? Do you have to remove the trigger assembly to gain access to the spring under the lever? Different from my 19 G4.

·
NRA MEMBER
111 Posts
Has anyone replaced the standard slide lock lever on the 19X with an extended lever? Do you have to remove the trigger assembly to gain access to the spring under the lever? Different from my 19 G4.
No just push spring down; lever slides out. Then put new lever in while holding spring down with a punch or small screw driver. Yes I replaced it with a extended lever. Why Glock continues to put short levers in is a major question!! I've put extended levers in all my Glocks.

41 - 60 of 121 Posts