Glock 19 Gen 5 vs Glock 19x

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Made-up System, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Made-up System

Made-up System

For guys who own both or has fired both, is it true that the Glock 19X edges out the Glock 19 Gen 5 in terms of having a smoother and lighter trigger??? Many praise the trigger on the Glock 19X but I have yet seen one come through the local gun shop so I never had the chance to actually feel it out. Some even say that there is no noticable difference between the triggers on the Gen 4 vs Gen 5 but I own both and find that the Gen 5 is just that much smoother and lighter. Thinking about picking up a 19X when it shows up.

2. Mike-M

Mike-M

There are no internal mechanical differences between the Gen5 G19 and the G19X, except (temporarily) the ejector. Buy the G19X if you find the ability to use 15-round magazines confusing. The G19X eliminates that severe disadvantage. :) Plus you get a polymer lanyard attachment that is less secure than the old traditional hole in the backstrap.

3. Cracker007

Cracker007

I have both and prefer the 19x. I think the triggers are pretty close to the same. The 19x may be a little smoother but the gen 5 trigger is also great. I like that the 19x doesn’t have the cut out on the grip. It balances well and it comes with Glock night sights.

4. Scoutmaster

Scoutmaster

I don't think you'll be able to notice a difference between the 19 Gen 5 and the 19X triggers. Shooting either will lighten them up some so trying either when new won't tell the whole story. I bought the 19 Gen 5 a few months ago, love it, and just ordered the 19X. In my view there is something to like about each.

venenoindy likes this.
  5. BROvet04

BROvet04

They are the same parts. There cannot be any physical difference. They are the same components.

Dr glock19, bubbatime and -JCN- like this.
  6. HappyG

HappyG

Marine cups, can make a difference. Imo

7. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

I have both and there is no difference in trigger pull weight between the two. I will say this though, to some shooters, the 19X may feel like it's got a better trigger pull because of the larger grip. I went shooting with my sons. We shot both the Gen5 19 and 19X. They both love the 19X and shot it better than the old man. At least on that day. We have a rematch scheduled for the end of this month. :)

Cessna2050, HardRice, UCGlock and 4 others like this.
  8. Seeyoulaugh

Seeyoulaugh

I have both and feel the break on my gen5 19 is much more crisp. Not sure why, but it seems to follow the slide. So if I swap slides, whatever frame has the gen5 slide has the crisper break. Weird I know, but it's just what I've found to be true with mine.

9. QNman

QNman Old timer

No discernible difference.

10. triaxle

triaxle

I have both and they are about the same but maybe the 19x is a tad better ? . The guns have different mag releases and one has marine spring cups , lanyard .

11. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

The 19x IS a gen 5. Same trigger, same barrel, same ambi slide lock, same everything. The only differences are that if doesn't have the dumbass magazine cut-out and it comes in an ugly Coyote Turd Yellow color.

And the magazine cur-out is a bigger problem on the 19 than it is on the 17 unless you have small hands. And on the Gen5 G26 they wisely eliminated the mag cut-out.

Lawdog3 likes this.
  12. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

I just prefer the 17 grip over the gen5 19 with cutout.

13. bunk22

bunk22

Pretty much, the above is personal bs opinion, except the trigger info. As somone who owns them, same trigger, no difference that I can tell. I have the Gen 5 G17, 19, 19X and 26. The 19X is my favorite as the color rocks and the longer grip works well on the 19 side. No issues with the Gen 5 cutout on the 19 and I have big hands. Buy with confidence, dont listen to naysayers who dont own the guns.

rfd339, jr24, Cessna2050 and 2 others like this.
  14. Gloctapus

Gloctapus

All Glock triggers are luck of the draw. Ask the gunstore to dryfire as many as they will let you to pick the best one.

G36_Me and Sherlock Glock like this.
  15. Mike-M

Mike-M

Almost, but not quite yet.

The Gen5 G19 (plus G17) uses ejector 30274, in Trigger Mechanism Housing 33854.
    The Gen5 G19X (plus G26 and G34) uses ejector 47021, in Trigger Mechanism Housing 47208.

Obviously the initial Gen5 models will ultimately get TMH 47208 with ejector 47021 as well.

Different ejectors would not affect trigger pull characteristics. Any report of Gen5 G19X trigger pull being better than Gen5 G19 trigger pull is pure imagination and/or wishful thinking, unless there is some significant difference in the rest of the TMH.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Cessna2050 likes this.
  16. buzzardmuzik1

buzzardmuzik1

I have both. Gen 5 19:Good gun,not crazy about the flared magazine well or the notch . 19X: didn’t think I would like it as much, but great shooter, the balance is what I like best , no flared well. May not be best for carry but for home and range I personally like it better than 19 or 17.
    On mine the triggers feel the same.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  17. kahrdriver

kahrdriver

I have both. Triggers feel the same.

18. catman55

catman55

I also carry concealed the Gen 3 19 for many years. My only complaint was I could not always get a full firing grip when drawing when I appendix carry concealed. For me the appendix carry still works very well compared to all the other positions and options. I train like I live. I recently purchased the 19x. Still appendix carry and now I always get a good solid full firing grip. What a difference. It shoots like a dream right out of the box. Even feels like less recoil and I’m able to get back on target very quickly. I’m sure the better grip makes the difference.
    The only change I’m making is to the front sight. My Gen 3 has the Trijicon night sight with a red color dot which makes it easier to get the front sight on target. I’ll just switch the two and I’m good to go. More to come with more rounds down range

19. Boogieman

Boogieman

What is the difference in the ejectors and why "temporarily"?

20. R*E

R*E

It’s interesting reading comparisons of a mushy polymer trigger. No offense intended.

Jeff Hughes likes this.