Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the new Gen 5 19 and also the 17 and the frame not being rounded at at the front did not bother me or I did not think about out . I think my 19 and 17 have been flawless . I think I saw some new 19 gen 5 out at a shop that are more round to match the slide .I almost traded but mine have the FBI nights sights and I knew I would loose big time trading. Will they all be like this now . I got my guns the first week they came out .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, they will all be like this now. It’s kind of like buying a new car and not realizing until later that the review mirrors aren’t color matched to the bumpers. Doesn’t effect function, but may drive some people nuts. They now come color matched.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Fear not, a birdie told me if you like the G26, that the frame detail and beveling is there for Gen 5. Not that I’ve seen one or anything....not that they will be in stores in 48 hours or so...just a birdie.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Fear not, a birdie told me if you like the G26, that the frame detail and beveling is there for Gen 5. Not that I’ve seen one or anything....not that they will be in stores in 48 hours or so...just a birdie.
The G26 has had this frame bevel from the day it was introduced over 20 years ago. This is not a new feature.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it because later years down the road collectors will be looking for these variations making yours worth more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s not that big of a deal. It does kind of bother me that they are now beveling the frame though. That tells me they didn’t even think of that when they were designing it and now realize they forgot to bevel it. I think I’d be less bothered by it if they just kept it the same.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It’s not that big of a deal. It does kind of bother me that they are now beveling the frame though. That tells me they didn’t even think of that when they were designing it and now realize they forgot to bevel it. I think I’d be less bothered by it if they just kept it the same.
Meh. Mine has the non beveled frame and sure I wish it matched better but it's just not that big of a deal to me. The fact they Glock is now beveling suggests to me they do take notice of what people are saying about their product and react. That was and easy fix and I see no reason they shouldn't have made the modification going forward. Who knows, maybe in the near future they might drop the mag cut out. Another easy fix that people are asking for.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Meh. Mine has the non beveled frame and sure I wish it matched better but it's just not that big of a deal to me. The fact they Glock is now beveling suggests to me they do take notice of what people are saying about their product and react. That was and easy fix and I see no reason they shouldn't have made the modification going forward. Who knows, maybe in the near future they might drop the mag cut out. Another easy fix that people are asking for.
If I had some mismatched frames sitting around, and a customer base just waiting to throw their money at me like women throwing their panties at Elvis.....I'd just release what I had on hand. Now they can say they listen to their customers.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts