Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
'OP'
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
Have a Glock 19 gen5 MOS with Trijicon RMR and looking for co witness sights got to hold some with the Amerigo GL- 429 and Dawson’s the Amerigo plain black were nice and didn’t take up the whole sight glass the rear sight was below the RMR a little the Dawson’s seemed to big and took up a lot of the glass anyone running these?..And what do you prefer

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have both.

Dawson’s are nicer, but as you noted, take up a little more real estate on the window. Bottom 1/3.

I have the GL-411 set of Ameriglo’s and they are at the bottom of the window. Bottom 1/4 or lower.

While shooting, I can’t say I’ve ever noticed either one of them. I look for the dot and don’t really see anything else.

I don’t care for the front outlined tritium dot on the Ameriglo’s. Much prefer the fiber optic of the Dawson‘s.

I want a set for my milled G45 and have not made my mind up on what to get. I think I’ll contact Dawson to see if they can make me a set with a lower rear.

·
'OP'
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both.

Dawson’s are nicer, but as you noted, take up a little more real estate on the window. Bottom 1/3.

I have the GL-411 set of Ameriglo’s and they are at the bottom of the window. Bottom 1/4 or lower.

While shooting, I can’t say I’ve ever noticed either one of them. I look for the dot and don’t really see anything else.
Right I think I am going with the Amerigo plain black GL-429 the rear notch is just below the Trijicon RMR sight base makes it less noticeable in the glass the sights would be just for a back up and the sights are a little less big on the gun..

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
View attachment 496740 Have a Glock 19 gen5 MOS with Trijicon RMR and looking for co witness sights got to hold some with the Amerigo GL- 429 and Dawson’s the Amerigo plain black were nice and didn’t take up the whole sight glass the rear sight was below the RMR a little the Dawson’s seemed to big and took up a lot of the glass anyone running these?..And what do you prefer
Nice rig. Hope you like it.

Reactions: Sammiches

·
Super Moderator
19,106 Posts
Doesn’t anyone “trust” the RMR enough to forgo suppressor style sights?
Aside from the trust issue, the sights have a valuable role in training for the red dot. Using the sights to find the dot is quicker than searching for the little window when your drawstroke is anything less that perfect. Then, you make the shift. A little hard to write avoab, but blisteringly obvious once you start turning up the speed.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Doesn’t anyone “trust” the RMR enough to forgo suppressor style sights?
I have a couple of rmr's and run the stock sights...for shots over say 20 ft I shoot the dot, anything less I point shoot. I personally dont see the need for both sights. I am sure some commando will jump on this, and thats fine...

·
'OP'
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a couple of rmr's and run the stock sights...for shots over say 20 ft I shoot the dot, anything less I point shoot. I personally dont see the need for both sights. I am sure some commando will jump on this, and thats fine...
Probably would of kept the stock sights but wanted to change the plastic ones so went with these glad I did cheap up grade if you choose..

·
Premium Member
42,361 Posts
I’ve shot a few Flocks enough to see the benefit of an RMR being mounted.
I’m almost 52, so yes, I need reading glasses, even though my distance vision is still 20/20
This is where the RMR shines.

A friend proposed a question about standard sights. He asked what sense does it make to be focusing on the front sight while shooting a blurred threat? The RMM places the focus on the threat with the dot being superimposed in the threat at hand.

As far as a set of back up sights, my G26 has suppressor sights on it. They help to get the dot on target sooner, but I find myself being drawn to them, vs the dot. Pressing the weapon out and thinking about aligning the back plate with the tip of my nose seems to align the dot quicker with my line of sight.

I would suspect sights are only needed to satisfy the idea of what happens if the optic dies? What happens if the striker fails? Suppressor height sights may just be a feel good placebo.

I have actually been thinking of removing them to clean up the distraction in the optic window.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Houston PD is allowing RMR type sights, but requires backup irons.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
31,231 Posts
Can't help you but congrats on a great looking rig.

I would prefer mine was a G5 but I am satisfied with my G4 now that I have the trigger where I want it. The magwell would be nice though.

Regards,
Happyguy:)

·
Man, I'm Pretty
31,231 Posts
Pressing the weapon out and thinking about aligning the back plate with the tip of my nose seems to align the dot quicker with my line of sight.
I will try this next time out.

I pretty much go for the front sight and the dot is there about 95 times out of 100.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Reactions: Sammiches
1 - 16 of 16 Posts