Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have always wondered what really needed to be upgraded? The Gen2 I was issued in the 80's ran just fine, my personal Gen 2's have all run just fine, never saw a reason to send them into Glock. In fact the triggers are nicer then my Gen 3 & Gen 4 so the last thing I want is for Glock to mess with them.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
If your serial number has a 3 letter prefix it left the factory with the upgrades. I called them not long ago to inquire about my gen 2 and was told that.
Based upon the silver color of the trigger bar and firing pin safety plunger, and shape of the trigger bar's "bird's head", I would say it looks like the upgrade is present. Remember that the upgrade consisted of a modified extractor, firing pin, firing pin safety plunger, safety plunger spring, spring loaded bearing, and trigger w/trigger bar. More recent upgrade kits offered through Glock also include a slide lock lever spring.

The upgrade provided increased corrosion resistance via plated parts, and prevents the possibility of slam firing caused by ancorroded/ fouled fire control mechanism.

·
G19, G26
95 Posts
Based upon the silver color of the trigger bar and firing pin safety plunger, and shape of the trigger bar's "bird's head", I would say it looks like the upgrade is present. Remember that the upgrade consisted of a modified extractor, firing pin, firing pin safety plunger, safety plunger spring, spring loaded bearing, and trigger w/trigger bar. More recent upgrade kits offered through Glock also include a slide lock lever spring.

The upgrade provided increased corrosion resistance via plated parts, and prevents the possibility of slam firing caused by ancorroded/ fouled fire control mechanism.
Agreed, it appears the gun has been upgraded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.