Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife gave me this gun back in 1990. She got it from someone her dad worked with at the time. I have hardly ever fired it since she gave it to me. 2 magazines max. It has sat in the closet since then. My dad wanted to get his CCP so I agreed to go with him to the class so now I am starting to take more interest. I was looking for something cheap to shoot and saw the conversion kits from advantage arms. So in looking to try to find out my generation, it looks to be a generation 1 (at least tit does to me). Now I have a couple of questions. Is it safe to shoot? Saw there were required upgrades that I know I've never done. Second question is what is it worth? I am assuming I would decrease the value if I swap the barrel and slide. Just don't want to mess anything up or do anything stupid.

·
NRA Member
1,537 Posts
If it's a gen 1 Glock 19 you have the Holy Grail of all Glock's. What does the side of the slide say? It would have K.S. A.B.C. on the side of the slide

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If it really is a Gen 1, then you might have a $5000 pistol. I suspect it is a Gen 2, worth about $300

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How can I post a pic? It only has the on pin above the trigger. Been trying to figure out by looking at YouTube.

·
Federal Member
29,429 Posts
What are the letters in front of the serial number?

:cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
The parts upgrade was in '92 so a late '93 already has them.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
There was a very cool thread maybe a year ago with a guy who won a first generation G19 on an auction. If I remember it went for a bit less than 10000 - a bit less than what I guessed it would go for. That thread also had a guy who claimed he had two of them and then oddly disappeared off the face of GT without ever posting promised photos.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
OP, you definitely have a gen 2 which are starting to become harder to find, but still not worth a ton. There should be absolutely no harm in hurting the gun. I would recommend a good thorough cleaning and lube followed by lots of practice at the range. If you are not sure where to lube a Glock please google it. They don't need much at all.

As for the advantage arms kit, I would personally avoid it. By the time you pay $200 for the kit you could have bought 1000 rounds of 9mm. Ammo prices have come down considerably.

·
Federal Member
29,429 Posts
Smokiexd45 is the owner of the Gen 1 19 that was won off of gunbroker.com.

He is still a member here.

:cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Reactions: Glockdude1

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Real Gen 1 G19s should probably have been called the G19 Beta.

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
My carry Gen 2 G-19 is a GS prefix, from 1989, my earliest in the safe a BX.
I carry EDC a Gen 2.5 G-27 BSA, or a G-23 CUG, also a Gen 2.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts