glock 19 extractor replacement question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock, Aug 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock

SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock

Hello Everyone,

I have a glock 19 gen3 serial prefix of MNA that has developed a small crack in the extractor. It still works but obviously now that I have noticed it, it needs to be replaced.

It has never malfunctioned. It does not do any crazy brass to face or anything like that. Its just dead on reliable so whatever I replace it with I want to keep that level of functionality. I don't think it has the loaded chamber indicator. I looked at both midway and glockparts and the only one in-stock was the loaded chamber indicator extractor. 2 questions...

will the extractor with loaded chamber indicator still work 100% in my gen3 which didn't come with a LCI extractor?
    does anyone know where I can get an extractor (thats in-stock) that does not have an LCI?

Thanks guys!

2. HGxyz

HGxyz

3. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

midway offers a factory non lci

4. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Someone who knows more will (hopefully) chime in. But I believe there is more than just the little LCI 'hump' as a difference. I think there is a difference in the angle of the actual extractor pawl that grabs the casing. There's a diagram of it around here somewhere. They're 2 different animals.

5. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy In the STL

The LCI extractors are have a 15* cut to fit the ejection port in the slide of newer glocks. Older glocks have a 90* cut ejection port.

Yes, a newer LCI extractor will work in an older slide as long as you use the correct bearing for it.

It will just look a bit odd.

Sent from my stupid smartphone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015