close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19-C

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by akapennypincher, Nov 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Anyone wish they had not bought one? Any reason to buy one?

2. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

I will never again buy a Glock Compensated Model.

3 Reasons...

1.Porting is not designed for self defense purposes.

2.Recoil reduction is minimal to a Standard Model.

3.Velocity is/or can be lost with Compensated models.

my .2 cents;)

3. jv56

jv56 member

I love the compensated models, I have Glock 21C sold my Glock 23C,
    I even carried the compensated model. You loose a little velocity but shot placement is the key anyways, IMHO I think they are great and YES,I would like a G19C.

4. glock19c

glock19c

I had one and sold it when I needed cash for a downpayment to buy my house. I wish i hadnt. The recoil is a little less than a regular 19 and loud as hell at an indoor range. You can see the muzzle flash if you concentrate on it, but I focus on he front sight myself.

5. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

I bought one and sold it to finance somthing else.
    Now I wish I hadn't. ;g
    I may buy another one and use it for my CCW although Glock reccomends against it.
    See....I had a 10rd jamm-o-matic model and Glock told me that part of the problem was "that it was a "C" model and that they were not good for a carry weapon because the velocity was lower and it could cause jams" ;Q

That was before they figured out it was their stupid barrel design change along with the 2183 followers.

They are definitely LOUDER than non "C" models and I could tell an appreciable difference in muzzle flip between the "C" and non-"C".

6. 22highcaps

22highcaps

Who said so and why? I know of cops who carry them as duty guns

Recoil reduction was HUGE compared to a Standard Model when I compared the two. I tried a 17 barrel in my 17C and it fell like shooting my Glock 22.

Velocity is also lost with shorter barrels. That does not stop people from buying G26's. You could always compensate with P+ loads.

7. Bob

Bob G23/C,G24/C,G33 Millennium Member

I love the "C" models. If you do get tired of it, swap the barrel with a non-ported.... ........ :cool:

8. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Yes Velocity is lost in shorter barrels but you are missing the point...COMPENSATED MODELS ARE "PRACTICAL" NOT "TACTICAL". STICK TO THE RANGE!

LE agencies around here are prohibited from carrying C models as there duty weapon.Local Sheriff's Department prohibited them from carrying them when a trainee was shooting one when debris from the ports flew and somehow got into his eye and impaired his vision permanently.

They are horrible for NIGHT SHOOTING due to the flash of the porting....which can cause temporary blindness which is or can be critcal in a low light defense situation.

I have owned a 31c and a 31, I could hardly tell the difference in recoil between the standard and the C.19 and 19c. no difference in my opinion.

Protect your life with whatever you prefer, I will NEVER own another Compensated model.

;)

9. Roddy

Roddy

Have you ever shot one at night? Someone was on here a while ago saying that shooting their C Model Glock at night wasn't that much differant than any other gun.

10. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Never at night but range lights out, and several mags of Remington, Corbon, Winchester, PMC,and Federal..

Corbon and Federal performed pretty well, Winchester had some FLAMERS,lol. PMC and Remington were terrible...

11. makabi

makabi

good luck on shooting the compensated model within an arms length. if you do not catch your shirt on fire, you will get a fist full of **** gas shoved into your face. let me ask you this...if compensated guns are the greatest things on earth, then why doesn't sig, hk, or beretta make their guns like this? I'm pretty sure HK employs the top engineers around, as they do mostly high tec military research into arms. i think the G11 caseless ammo far surpasses a gun with knife slits in it, in terms of technology and R&D. To each his own.
    -j

12. cl147

cl147 I dig SIG

"C" models are designed as sport guns. While some police officers may carry them as duty guns, I wouldn't suggest following in their footsteps. Two big reasons:

Hot gases and particles in the face are the first excellent reason. Setting one's clothes on fire falls under this category.

Enhanced muzzle flash is the second. While some loads do not produce a lot of flash, others certainly do. I can tell you my buddy's G20 with Silvertips looks like Hiroshima happening above that slide when fired in the dark. Consider your night vision GONE.

13. GALACTUS

GALACTUS

akapennypincher

I own two glocks...A 19 and a 19c and fired each thousands of times. My 19 has never jamed, whereas my 19c has jamed 5 or 6 times, however this could just be my particular model. Accuracy is the same. Bang is louder on the 19c. The 19 has low recoil, but the 19c recoil is so minimal its almost a joke. Needless to say follow up shots come much faster with the 19c.

j

14. 22highcaps

22highcaps

I have found a good compromise for those of you who are worried about firing from retention. A heavy gun. I shot a Baby Eagle last weekend and the weight works almost as well as ports with out all of alleged self defense issues associated with the ports. Give it a try.