Glock 19-C ??? Do any of you really like your?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by akapennypincher, Dec 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. biggun1911

biggun1911

I have a 17c and a 19c and like them both. I do not notice any muzzle flash, but I shoot outdoors. I plan on putting the 19c in my carry rotation.

2. tonyparson

tonyparson

I own a G24P and love it. I like shooting it better then my G23. I never noticed the muzzle flash..

3. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

I love my 17C. I can shoot pretty quick followup shots and have never noticed the flash, although I can see it when I watch someone else shoot the gun. I have to wipe the front dot off once in a while, but that's only after 100 or more rounds of some dirty ammo. And it's not a big deal; my thumb works just fine and is always around when I need it.

4. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:cheers:

Im proud to see so many C model owners chime in with their experiences and not some bs they heard from people who never shot one, especially at night. This saves me from throwing my usual avalanche of C model madness onto this thread

:woohoo:

:50cal:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. Walkertl

Walkertl

I'm not Keyhole, and I can't explain it, but I don't see the flash from my 23c. Or at least, I don't notice it. It's my daily carry.

As for sight damage, it doesn't occur. Yes, I get carbon on the night sights after a few shots, but it removes easily when cleaning afterwards. I don't bother to clean it when at the range, and I usually shoot 150 rounds on a range trip.

Walker

6. Leper

Leper

I have a 23C and 17C. The amount of flash is ammo dependant. Same as with a non compensated Glock. If you want some impressive 9mm flash out of the ports get some Cor-Bon ammo. Oddly though my duty load is Winchester 9mm T series 127 grain +P+ and I've never noticed any flash with it even qualifying it at night. Even with ammo that obviously does not use low flash propellant you never notice any flash out of the ports unless you purposefully stare at the top of the slide. If you are focused on your front sight or even if you are watching your target and not even focused on your sights (bad idea) the V style porting has no effect on your night vision.

7. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg

Factually, there is no downside to a C model other than price. If you hear someone spouting that they can't be fired from retention, cause night blindess, etc., you know you're listening to someone without a clue. That said, the average shooter does not shoot at a level where they will actually feel benefit from the ports, even less so with 9mm. I have been issued and personally owned C models for a very long time. Quite suitable for duty, or on the other end of the spectrum, ccw.

8. MJB

MJB

Several thousand trouble free rounds through my 19C. With today's ammo I rarely ever notice any flash. That being said I also don't notice any difference in flip or recoil when I use the unported LWD barrel in the gun. It's probably there but it's just not that noticeable a difference to me.

9. PattonT

PattonT

Is there any reason to expect a slight decrease In velocity with a C model? I mean very slight.

10. Leper

Leper

Of course. I have never tested how much myself though.

11. PattonT

PattonT

But still, it's got to have more than a G26 though right?

12. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

It's louder.
    The front sight gets dirty sooner.

13. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

I shot another GT'ers G19C, and want one myself. No recoil!

14. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Exactly correct

15. 9mmmountaineer

9mmmountaineer

Coming up on 1k rounds through my 19c and I love it.

I always have fun shooting it and when I get serious in the competitions the flash has never affected me. If you look for it you can see it I've also never shot it at night, but the local range is indoors and fairly dark.

The gun is a really soft shooter and the muzzle flip is a noticeable decrease. Great gun I love mine. Would recommend to anyone!

16. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Glock C guns are louder to the shooter and observers.

C guns I have shot.

G17C, G17L-C
    G18C
    G19C
    G20C
    G21C
    G22C
    G23C
    G24C
    G31C
    G32C

C guns I do not own - G18C, G17L-C.

- Recoil behavior is different - less muzzle flip.
    - Follow up shots are easier.
    - Muzzle and front sight get dirtier, faster. I once burned a fiber optic front sight off a G24C
    - Not lost any eyebrows or 'stache yet.

My G32 shooting regular .357SIG at a cardboard target 7ft out hits me with more splash back than any of the C guns, including the 32C.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  17. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

I'm not sure how you can say this when the gun IS louder and DOES get the front sight nastier than a standard model.

18. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg

No louder to the shooter, no downside with quality sights. As previously noted, only more accomplished shooters will benefit. I've had to clear up misconceptions and do demonstrations for misinformed people more than a couple of times. Sadly, with less than 1 percent of sales, their time, at least for now, is passing. The party line from glock was that the new RSA's accomplished what porting did previously, negating the need for C models. That was patently false, as we proved with side by side comparison across a number of shooters, all instructors. The truth of the matter is, dropping C production was noting but a cost driven move.

19. AZ_Quailhunter

AZ_Quailhunter NRA Life Member

This is my take: forget the C19 and just get a Lone Wolf compensated barrel...I have both a regular barrel and a C
    barrel from LW....both excellent performers...although I end up just using the regular barrel more often than the comp.

20. Chainlink

Chainlink

I have owned most Glock models.... I like the C models and when shooting side by side with a non C I can feel the difference, otherwise I can't say I notice generally. That said I only own one currently (23c) and love it. I ccw a few of my glocks and the 23C is in the rotation. Like many posts before mine, you have to look for the flash to notice it. Buy with confidence :)