close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 Barrel / Slide rubbing

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cm55, Jan 29, 2004.

Tags:
  1. cm55

cm55

I've noticed this on a new Glock 19, only about 50 rounds thru it. It looks like the inside lower lip of the slide is not clearing the barrel when it comes back, causing a wear line on the barrel. The gun shoots and cycles fine.

Anything I can do here like file the lower lip of the slide to clear or should I bring it to a pro?

2. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

I have that wear like that on every Glock that I have ever had. At only 50 rounds there seems to be a little more than normal. I would definatly not do any filing on the slide at all. If you are really concerned about it you might give Glock a call and see what they say.

Also I cant tell from the picture but when the pistol is in full battery does it sit flush with the slide? Only thing that I can see that the barrel may be out of speck a bit.

Take Care
    "duck"

3. 132

I think everyone on the board with agree with duckslayer. This is completely normal and nothing to worry about. Shows a pretty good fit to me.

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

100% normal and nothing to worry about.

5. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Normal but your wear marks do look pretty far back compared to mine. In fact, it almost looks like you have quite a bevel going on there. I'm not going to break from the crowd and say it's abnormal but I have only experienced slight wear on the two forward corners. They're a little shined up but really very little if hardly any of the actual metal surface has been removed after thousands of rounds.--JJ

6. plumbum

plumbum

i agree it does look a little far back. but i have a g30.

heres something else to look for. on the right corner of the barrel hood closest to the extractor. it might (mine did) start to "chunk" out the corner after you start shooting it. i called smyrna said it was perfectly normal..

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The hood of current 19 barels is a lil diferent than the others, thats why it looks real far back but it is indeed totally normal.

8. KinderGlocken

KinderGlocken

My new G19 looks the same, nothing to worry about.

9. Sulaco

Sulaco Guest

All of my Glocks do that. My 19 is "white" in that entire area. It hasn't quit yet. I shoot it all the time and carry it every day.

10. Denny

Denny

Its totally broke and you should give it to me... Just kidding all my Glocks have that and my 19 has about 10,000 rounds through it.

11. cm55

cm55

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
    Gun still cycles fine and shoots great.
    Reason for the concern was that I have a Glock 20 also but it doesn't show these marks at all. I'll just keep blastin' away.