close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 - Anything to Watch Out For?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bcphoenix, Jan 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. bcphoenix

bcphoenix

Okay, a G19 is on my short list of possible pistols to buy with a profit sharing check. I've owned a G17, G27, and G21 in the past so I'm familiar with Glocks. The question is are there any reliability or catastrophic failure issues with the current generation of the 19 that I should be aware of? I plan to shoot factory ammo only. It will be a CCW piece.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

BC

2. Dresden

Dresden Is it Plastic??

The only downside I have found is that my ammo costs have increased and GreenPeace is after me for all the trees being used to make my targets.

3. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

4. DarkStar

DarkStar Neue Regal

The only genuine concern with the G19 is one won't be enough... Save yourself the trouble and buy 2, because eventually you'll have the second 19...

5. bcphoenix

bcphoenix

The quickest reload is, after all, another loaded gun. ;c

6. beemerphile

beemerphile CLM

I've got a G19 (and G26) but the G23 or G27 is usually what goes with me. My G19 is a thoroughly reliable tack-driver but I feel better armed with one of the .40's. Since the sizes are the same, I am willing to trade one (G26/27) or two (G19/23) rounds of capacity for a bigger hole in the BG.

Having said that, every glockster needs a G19 so go for it. You'll get the G23 eventually and may find, as I did, that it leaves the house with you more often. I find that on the issue of which Glock to buy, you are really only deciding which Glock to buy first. So at the end of the day it doesn't much matter. I badly need a G21. Badly. - Lee

7. Cross-X

Cross-X CLM

Anything to watch out for?

You bet!

The darn things multiply just like rabbits!

One Glock is never enough.

Never!

8. cnarramoore

cnarramoore Just Trollin'

We have all seen that ad in the gun rags that has the guy wearing all the different holsters Belt ankle shoulder fanny pack. So my idea Glock 19 setup is this.

Shoulder holster with 19 on each side, right and left hand belt holsters with 19s, a 19 on each ankle, SOB 19 and a fanny pack with 19.

So to be extermely well armed you need at least 8 19's.

Oh I forgot that you need special pants to carry the 33 round mags along the outside of your pant legs.

9. mikedb

mikedb

If you get the 10 round mags get rid of the 2183 followers. Use #4s I beleive. Mine would not cycle HPs until I got the new followers. Actually, with the AWB gone just by normal cap mags and youll have no problem. I love mine. I have several autos and this is one of my favorites (along with my CZ75B)

10. Glock191

Glock191 Minority

Anything to watch out for?

You might have thinking of to marry a daughter of ANY AMMO FACTORY OWNER !!

That is my HONEST negative view towards Glock 19 ;)

11. Lancelot

Lancelot

That damn 19 of mine always goes bang when I pull the trigger. Watch out for that!

12. pasqual

pasqual

Great gun, I enjoy mine. Mine will feed anything I put through it, Blasers, S & B, Winchester White Box, Wolf, my reloads. It is my daily carry gun. Get it and you wouldn't be sorry.;e

13. glock_man1965

glock_man1965

i love the g27 glock..but for the firepower and round..the g30 .45 compact is the best i've seen since the g27..it packs a 230gr load that will get the job done!..the recoil is no worse than the 27 to me..i carry a g27 as my back-up weapon because we carry a SMITH AND WESSON 4046 SEMI-AUTO 40cal. so we have the same ammo...

14. ambassador

ambassador

You need to be aware that the 19 is severely addictive! The 19 is the best choice for a CCW bar none. By the way, if you really want to talk to, and get feedback from people who own and shoot the G19 daily, visit the G1 Niners Club here on GT. It is a forum dedicated to all aspects of the Glock 19.

15. mlk18

mlk18

I have owned almost every Glock and literally dozens of other makes and models of hanguns over the years, but the Glock 19 has always been my favorite. Especially the early Gen 2's. I say it over and over; the Glock 19 is the perfect compromise between reliability, durability, capacity, concealment, power and performance.

mlk18