close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 And 19C

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by T_man357, Mar 8, 2006.

Tags:
  1. T_man357

T_man357

I own a Glock 19 and am considering getting a 19C..Will I really notice that much of a difference with the C??

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

You sure will.

When fired in a dark space, the C's vented gasses will blind you for thirty seconds or more, during which time you'll probably wish you had brought a NON-ported 9mm to the fight.

Other than that, probably not.

3. BRW

BRW

Yes,recoil is alot lighter.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke

That is a bunch of Crap. Even though my avatar shows a Compensated gun looking like a flame thrower.... it is not. I have a 21C and have yet to see anything remotely close. I have fired it in near total darkness and you do not get blinded. You may be able to hanload with certain powders that "flash" more than others, but you won't be blinded at all. The flash is not much different than a non ported gun...only in a different direction.

Don't be misled by ignorance.

5. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Ignorance?!

I shot a compensated Glock 9mm in low-light conditions and I got blinded. I also have good eyes and am not prone to any sort of nightblindness.

Unless you are half-blind or have access to some top-secret flashless gunpowder, you were talking out of turn when you disrespected me.

As you said, "The flash is not much different than a non ported gun...only in a different direction."

Uh huh. Right into your field of vision.

Try this with a comped nine mil, and YOUR ignorance will evaporate instantly.

And do try to be more polite in the future.

6. mortonspoint

mortonspoint

I had a 19C and got rid of it. I have a 19 now. The problem with the C was not recoil (which was reduced), was not flash (coming from the ports) but I couldn't deal with the energy blast that comes from the ports. I found it very distracting. I tried to adjust but each trip to the range resulted in the same dislike of shooting the gun.

My two cents.:)

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I can't see the point of the ported gun, really. A C Glock might be a good start towerd building a cheap "open" class gun for IPSC and GSSF (Are C's allowed in "unlimited" class GSSF?). But for that you wouldn't start with a compact gun.

Otherwise, it doesn't seem like a very good choice for self-defense shooting, since it looks to me like shooting from close retention with the gun below your face or shooting from cover with a hard surface above the gun is going to cause you some problems. It also isn't allowed in most other types of competition, besides the "open gun" stuff. I guess you could buy it just to show people at the range, but I'd put the money into something different before I'd get a less useful version of a gun I already had.

8. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

I understand completely, Mort.

The 9mm is a whole different critter than the .45, as it is usually loaded to higher pressures.

And slower powders are normally used in the 9mm which results in much more flash upon firing.

I have yet to fire a compensated .45 but I can see where Duke was coming from with his Glock C in 45 auto...

But that does not excuse his generalizations or his bad manners, IMNSHO.

And FWIW, the Glock 19 I had was a sweet shooter though the G26 was nearly as good and SOOOOOO much more concealable...