Glock 19 Aftermarket Slide and Barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GLOCKgeo, Oct 16, 2020.

1. GLOCKgeo

GLOCKgeo

I just picked up a Glock 19/23 frame and am looking to complete it with a 9mm slide and barrel. I was thinking of finishing it with aftermarket parts. This gun would be more or less a range gun with iron sights, no red dot. What aftermarket slide and barrels should I stay away from? What has worked for you?

It's a Gen3 frame, if that matters.

Thoughts...? Thanks for the help deciding.

2. schmittychris

schmittychris

I had some issues with a Rock Slide USA barrel. I bought a slide/barrel combo and the threads on the barrel are garbage. I tried contacting them and they have yet to respond. I guess you don't have to honor your warranty if you don't ever write back. It shoots fine and makes a good range toy, but I was going to use it with my suppressor.

On another P80 build I have a Brownells slide and Alpha barrel and both are great.

3. Boostnu

Boostnu

Are you planning on running a optic? If not I have seen factory slides on eBay go for decent prices.

4. GLOCKgeo

GLOCKgeo

Not planning on running an optic.

Thanks guys. Anybody using the slide from Aim Sulplus?

5. viva la Reagan

viva la Reagan The Revolution

i agree with the brownell recommendation. they have a nice selection of different slides to meet your needs and particular taste, and their quality seems to be top shelf.

i bought a brownell slide for my gen 3 g19 several weeks ago, and put a few hundred rounds through it straight out of the box with zero issues. their fulfillment & shipping times are quick, as well. good luck.

-JCN- likes this.
  6. theory9

theory9

Check out Suarez!

7. alhovde

alhovde

TTS Slide on EBAY is legit. I own one with an RMSc cut for my 43X. Been eyeing the G19.3 slide ever since. You can get the RMR cut slide for the price of a normal irons only slide elsewhere.

Best part: these slides are made by Zafiri Precision (super Gucci quality machining and finish). TTS just orders them by the boatload and sells their version at bulk prices.

Go price a slide on Zafiri and it would be double the price.

Check them out! Comes with a cover plate so even if you don't plan on a dot anytime soon, you can run it irons forever if you want.

20200801_190427.jpg 20200810_163248.jpg

I have heard lots of good feedback on the Brownells slides as well. I just happen to prefer the aesthetic of the TTS/Zafiri for the money.

8. BlackJack24

BlackJack24

If you hunt around you can find some pretty good deals on ebay. I picked up my Zev slide and Agency Arms barrel on there. Actually, most of my build is from eBay.

9. viva la Reagan

viva la Reagan The Revolution

here’s the brownell slide with front and rear serrations, and rmr milled cutout.

i added a trijicon rmr red dot sight and ameriglo suppressor sights. i’m really happy with the slide and setup.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    -JCN-, buster55 and fasteddie565 like this.
  10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

I have a “parts” gun G17 that have a Swenson barrel and slide filled with OEM Glock parts. Frame was poorly stippled by someone that pawned it with lots of high dollar ZEV components, barrel and slide. After I sold all the ZEV stuff I had enough money to get the slide and barrel and have some cash left over. Problem free so far.

11. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

Here is my FrankenG 19 with the same slide. Holosun 507C. frankenglock.jpg

12. GLOCKgeo

GLOCKgeo

Well, I went big...!

I bought a ZEV Duty slide, ZEV barrel, ZEV trigger. I’ll leave the RMR plate on for now. I also shaved off the finger groves and completed the undercut, then added Talon grips. I still need to buy some sights, Glock factory sights will have to do for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BlackJack24 likes this.
  13. BlackJack24

BlackJack24

Looks good OP, tastefully done. If you haven't already, check out the Trijicon HD XRs. I have a set on my duty slide and am thinking about getting another for my Zev slide.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020