close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 / 26 comparison USPc9mm P2000

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AWMP, Oct 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. AWMP

AWMP

Looking to buy another 9mm. (the ammo is cheap and the wife carries one as well) She carries a G26 and I carry a Glock 19.
    I have heard a lot about USPc9mms and P2000 9mms.
    Newbie to H&K pistols, buddy had a USPc .45acp but that is about all I know.
    Looking for a Pistol that would replace the G26 for the wife and replace my G19. Which P2000 or USPc ? Compariable in size? Function?
    I do like the slide release and magazine release of the H&K.
    What prices am I looking at? Thanks for the help in advance.
    AW

2. cole

cole Millennium Member

My thouhts on the USP40c are here: USP40c . Would be the same compairing USP9c to G19.

Likely to pay $100-$200 more for the HK (depending upon locale).

Do a search on this board.

Others will add more.

3. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

I own most of the Glock 9mm pistols and also own an H&K P-2000. That being said, there is no way the new P-2000SK is as compact as the 26. Also, I believe the P-2000SK only sports a 3" barrel. That's a bit short for my liking. That puts it on par with the Kahr PM-9, but it's no pocket pistol. You get the worst of both worlds. I think the Glock 26 is the best subcompact there is.

4. bac1023

bac1023

As much as I like my G26, The P2000SK is a much better subcompact, IMO. Its more accurate, and overall higher quality. To correct the previous post, the barrel is 3.25", which is identical to most subcompact pistols. I carry the G26 because I don't mind roughing it up, but my P2000SK conceals just as well. The HK was $350 more than the Glock, but its like comparing a Lexus to a Toyota. Glock pistols are great, but they're no HK.

5. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

I handled an P2000SK at a local gunshop last weekend. It's way too big to be called a "subcompact".

By the way, the H&K official webpage lists the barrel length as 2.48", no thanks.

-----------> Glock 26/P2000SK

Length (slide)___6.29 in./6.42 in.

Sight radius_____5.67 in./5.20 in.

Height___________4.17 in./4.61 in.

Width____________1.18 in./1.28 in.

Barrel length____3.46 in./2.48 in. ;2 Too Short!

Empty weight_____19.75 oz./1.30 lb.

6. Stupify

Stupify

I like my G19, but my HK's are far better weapons. My P2K 9mm is just awesome, and fun to shoot. The Glock is a good pistol, but after spending a day at the range with both, the Glock doesn't compare.

7. Doc_d

Doc_d

I own several glocks, a HK, and Kahr. For concealment the Kahr PM9 is by far the best. The second best is my glock 27. The HK would be the worst.

As far as quality goes it would be a toss up between the Kahr & HK. The glock doesn't have the best quality, but has the loosest tolerances, which makes it the most realiable.

I wore my Kahr PM9 for 2 weeks after getting my CCW without my girlfriend knowing. She is always hugging me, etc. After 2 weeks I asked her. "Did you know my CCW finally came?" She said "no." I pulled out my pocket holster and she couldn't believe she didn't knwo I was carrying.

8. bac1023

bac1023

The 2.48" barrel length of the P2000SK is incorrect and has been stated so many times on this forum. I held mine next to my G26 barrel and its less than a 1/4" shorter. I also used a ruler. The length is 3.25". I am a huge Glock fan, but the HK is a couple steps up in quality and accuracy.
    BTW, I had an XD subcompact and it was the same size as the P2000SK. I'm not saying everyone should drop $850 on a subcompact, but those who do won't regret it.

9. Glock30fan

Glock30fan Cmbt Tupperware

The P2000 is awesome ergonomically, but try the LEM trigger at the range before buying if possible. I have shot lots of Glocks and other pistols over the years and my first day out with the P2000 left me with mixed feelings about the LEM trigger. I think it will just take some getting used to, but it is very different than anything else I have shot. It has a somewhat long reset and watching the hammer bob forward and back (while watching the front sight, of course) is somewhat distracting. P2000s go for about $750+. Not cheap.

10. TheGrinch

TheGrinch

I measured the reset between the LEM and Glock trigger. The LEM is about .10 inch longer. Not significant. The LEM trigger is easily adapted by a normal human, just as the Glock trigger is easily learned. FWIW, the LEM trigger doesn't have the mushy creep of a Glock trigger.

On the hammer question- well, you are supposed to be focused on the front sight. ;)

Actually, I like one aspect of having the hammer. If you keep your thumb on top of it during the reholster operation, if something is pullin the trigger, you will feel the hammer start to come back. Might save a foot or two.

Grinch

11. Glock30fan

Glock30fan Cmbt Tupperware

I'm very used to Glock and 1911 triggers so .1 inch seems like a mile on the trigger reset. I'm not saying the LEM is bad, just very different and it takes some getting used to. It's better than the traditional DA/SA trigger in my Sigs, USPs and Berettas. My 1911 buddy did not like the LEM at all, but I'll learn to like it because the P2000 is such an awesome gun in all other respects.

12. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

For the math whiz: a whopping 1.3 lbs. is 20.8 oz. WOW what a huge difference from 19.75 oz.! And it is actually more narrow than the clunky Glock, that max width is measured across both of the slide stops.;Q

13. MichaelVain

MichaelVain

The SK is a superb subcompact. It handles like a compact with similar size of a subcompact. The recoil is negligible due to the recoil spring being a 2 stage spring. It's very accurate, I can hit steel targets out to 30 yards consistently.

I've never shot the subcompact glock so I can't really say how it compares, I can just comment on how great the SK is for me.

M

14. cole

cole Millennium Member

When handling the P2000, my sense is that it does not have a target trigger, but a defensive/combat one. It has a smooth, even pull, long pull. All of which contribute well to point shooting and rapid fire.

I just don't think it's a target gun; I know our USP40c is not. IMHO, our USPc does what it's designed to do very well; put rounds on short range targets reliably and rapidly. I imagine the P2000 does likewise.

15. bac1023

bac1023

I find my P2000SK to be more accurate than my G26. At shorter ranges, the difference is negligable. When the range is 20-25 yards, I can really see a difference.