close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 18c ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by d-Gman, Dec 30, 2005.

1. d-Gman

d-Gman

I have to get one but I heard they quit making them back in 2001 or 2 but I hope its not true?

Are they still in production? Does anyone know? Please thanks.

2. BigTex171

BigTex171

The G-18/G-18C is not available to regular civilians, and it is illegal to possess one unless you are a Class III dealer, an LE agency or the military. There are a few that are exempt from this, ones made way back during the early days, but you likely couldn't afford the price it would command.

EDIT: I see now that you are in the Domincan, so I have no idea how you would go about getting a G-18C, or if you even can. The things I outlined above applies to the USA. My advice would be for you to check into what the law is in your neck of the woods.

3. boze2043

boze2043

BigTex. I have read somewhere on this site that only G18's produced and registered before 1987 are legal in the US. It was also stated that there are only two G18 registered and legal in the US. Not sure where they got that info.

4. BigTex171

BigTex171

Thanks, boze. I belive you are correct about the 1987 date. I had heard two or three G-18s were legal here, so we don't differ that much. If you by chance run across that information in an article or something, please let me know. I'd like to bookmark/save it.

5. boze2043

boze2043

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

The info I have shows that the first G18's came to the US in December of 1988 and had the serial number prefix 'DU', so I would tend to doubt that there are two 'legal' (transferable) G18's.

IIRC they would have had to have been registered prior to May of 1986 to be transferable.

It is possible that a law enforcement agency has traded a G18 to a class three dealer legally, but the dealer can only transfer it to another class three dealer or a law enforcement agency, not to an individual.

If you can find someone who has a G18, I'll bet he's a class three dealer.

;?

7. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Since they are foreign made, they would have had to have been imported prior to the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968 to be transferable in the US.

To answer the question, yes new ones are being made as needed.

8. boze2043

boze2043

If I was a law enforcement agency and wanted a full auto Glock I would take the easy and less expensive road and just purchase a full auto kit that replaces the slide plate.

They are made here in the U.S. and can be had for around $250

9. d-Gman

d-Gman

I have the full auto kit already but I'm trying to get a hold of the real deal, the 18c.I'm selling my G17 for the 18. I know there are plenty civilians with them down in this Island but its not easy to find them. I dont have to worry that much about about the license here... but I'm glad they are still in production ( if true ).

10. boze2043

boze2043

I think I will plan a vacation trip to the D.R.

11. az larry

az larry

First let me clearly state that I'm an SOT (class 3 dealer). I have a post sample 18C and there is no comparison between the FSSG device (I have a couple of those) a standard 18 and the 18C. The cuts in the slide and bbl make the 18C the most controlable machine pistol I have ever shot including micro uzi and the scorpion. It's really awsome. I ran a demo yesterday and the LEOs could not believe the lack of muzzel rise. I suppose you could buy a 17C and put a kit on it, but I don't think you would be getting the same slide.