close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 18???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lenshady, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Lenshady

Lenshady

Hello all, iam new to this forum so please dont fry me for asking a dumb question. I've been reading up on glocks alot lateley and iam interested in getting the Glock 18. I live in the USA (maryland) and I hear that the Glock 18 cant be sold in America. Why is this? Dose this mean i have to go to Mexico or Cannada to purchase one?? Are there any other fully automatic handguns on the market that are similar to the Glock 18???

2. phorvick

phorvick

Where you will go after aquiring a G18 is.....jail.

3. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Assuming, of course, tha one is acquired illegally and one gets caught. :)

4. woodyg17

woodyg17

A Glock 18 is a registered Class III weapon that requires a lot of extra paperwork and other bs because it is a select fire weapon.

5. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

If you do happen to buy one legally in Mx or Ca, I'm sure you would have to show proof of residency.

;)

gman67

6. bjman

bjman

Can you even buy them legally in Mexico or Canada??

BJ

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I doubt it. Just learn to shoot like Dave Sevigny.;)

8. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

I thought there were only ~6 civilian transferrable G18's in the US? The rest are LEO only, due to the 86 ban??

9. THEGLOCKGUY

THEGLOCKGUY

due to the gun control act of 1968 and the fact that glocks are imported there are no "transferable" glock 18's in the US for civilian ownership. They are only available as post dealer samples and that requires a ffl and an sot as well as a law enforcement demo letter for transfer.

10. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Troll.

I mean, come on guys, he registers today and his first post is I want a Glock 18?

11. PhiberOptik

PhiberOptik Glock23 Fanatic

;f

12. Lenshady

Lenshady

Thanx for all the replies, you all have been very helpfull. I still have a few questions though, are there any hand guns similar to the G18 (fully automatic) on the market? and WTF is a Troll??

13. AlexTheShotgunn

AlexTheShotgunn

A troll is someone who is a negative poster, you should really go to the ATF website and read up about firearms law. http://www.atf.gov/ that will tell you how to get your full auto handgun. it takes months if not year(s) to get all the paper work in order not to mention thousands and thousnds to get a "full auto" hand gun.

14. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

Hi Len.

You can purchase Class 3 (auto) firearms in MD. These types of guns are VERY expensive (many thousands of dollars) and require a lot of paperwork and background checks. MD also has some additional laws for handguns (Assault pistol ban, internal lock ban, handgun roster) that would affect any other handgun purchase.

If you are new to shooting, I'd lean towards a G17, plus some gun safety classes.

Where in MD do you live?

15. goalie

goalie Stopp'n Pucks

Make sure you buy some soap-on-a-rope when ya pick up the G18. It may come in handy on your all-expense-paid-vacation to Club Fed.

^d

16. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Given current laws, the only people who can possess the latest model Glock G-18Cs are law enforcement officers who are issued them by their departments, and federally-licensed Class III dealers, who can only sell them to Law Enforcement agencies and other licensed Class III dealers. I met one Class III dealer in Texas who actually carries one as his CCW gun!

As mentioned above, there were about 6 older-model G-18s that were imported and "papered" just prior to the enactment of the 1986 "Ban" on further import or manufacture of new transferable Class III weapons. You could theoretically buy one of those, IF your particular State allows the ownership of Class III weapons in general AND you could locate an owner willing to part with it AND you could pay what would probably be his astronomical price for it.

I have shot both the G-18 and G-18C on several occasions. They are a lot of fun if you don't have to pay for the ammo or load the magazines!

If you want to see what they look like in action, the best movie depiction is in the 2nd "Matrix" movie, "The Matrix Reloaded", in the hands of the "Morpheus" character leading into and during the highway chase scene. A not as good depiction is towards the end of "Terminator 3" in the hands of the John Connor character when they are trying to keep the Terminatrix off of them long enough to get through the door into Crystal Mountain.

17. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

It is illegal to carry a full-auto weapon as your CHL gun in Texas. If it is the dealer I know, he does not carry under the auspices of CHL law, but carries only under the exceptions in PC46.15.

Impossible. Any foreign made machine gun had to be imported before 1968 for civilian transfer, as THEGLOCKGUY has already mentioned.

18. Lenshady

Lenshady

Vote Republican, I live in Prince Georges County, 2 miles from Six Flags and 2 miles from Redskin Stadium...

19. neeko

neeko

The Beretta 93R is a select fire pistol.