close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 18

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Clipper, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Clipper

Clipper

I got a few questions about the gun. I am probably not the only one to ask these questions.
    Can you get hollow tips to work with it?
    Is it legal to own one? I heard it is and if it is, why? You can buy a machine gun that is way more powerfull. I'm guessing since its soo small and powerfull you can carry it around and thats why its illegal. Fact is that I'm dieing to get my hands on one or two.
    Where can I get one?

2. JayAK

JayAK

Use the search option, there is about a million threads on this topic....

I will do my best to answer....

1. I asume HP ammo would work fine

2. Is it legal to own one?? depends....do you live in the US?
    If so are you a gov agent or LE.... are you a dealer of class 3 weapons....I am going out on a limb here.....and I am guessing that the answer is no......Thus, the answer to your question is also NO....you can never own a G18

3. If it is why....IT would be legal if there wasn't a ban on civies buying newly mnfgt. full autos, but since the late 80's I think 86 it may have been 89 it has not been legal to buy or sell a new full auto to the common man....

4.Yes, you can buy more powerful full auto's but they were bought b4 the ban, thus they are legal to own......It has nothing to do with size or caliber....

5. You can get your hands on one at a shooting range that has one for rent.....there are a few out there.

Exceptions...... The only way I see you buying a G18 is if you could find a registered G18 that was bought b4 the ban....I have heard there are some....but I doubt the owners are willing to part with them....of course money talks...but we are talking probably thousands if not 10's of thousands of dollars....

That is if you live in a state that lets you own full auto.......

Thats the best I can do for ya....feel free to correct me anywere I am wrong glock talkers....

3. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

**************edited to add that JayAK beat me to it.;f;f;f*********************

You need to do a search on the Glock 18. There are several threads dealing with the gun.

Dont know about the HP's. Im sure you could, dont see why.

No unless your gov. or LEO you cannot legally own one.

I have never fired one but have seen one fired by a LEO agency. Most people would like to have one just because it would be fun to shoot one. You cannot own a full-atuo weapon of any kind unless you have a Class III license which is very expensive. The guns are also in the 3000+ dollar range. Im sure that there are some memembers here that can clarify or better explain the licensing thing.

Take Care
    "duck"

4. elfjr

elfjr

For about $50,000 give or take a little + ATF paperwork + 200.00 transfer fee + about 6 month wait for paper work to clear. Can have one of your very own and shoot all the "hollow tips" you want. For 2 double previous figure. There are transferable ones out there but they are few. Talking someone into selling one would be hard.

5. dukeofurl

dukeofurl

I never understood this concept.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CLASS III LICENSE FOR CIVILIANS.

"Class III" is a generalized term that describes automatic firearms as defined in the National Firearms Act - NFA. Dealers can pay a special occupational tax of $500 every year ($1k for mfrs/importers) to deal in NFA firearms.

6. Clipper

Clipper

I used the search option but it wont let me search for "glock 18" because 18 has 2 characters. I search for glock18 and found like 2 threads. Anyway you said I can find one at a shooting range, that sounds good.

Is there any other gun like the Glock 18 thats fully automatic?

7. JayAK

JayAK

Try Glock*18 or Glock *18*

Always use the * to make a word or number longer or to conect it to another word...

Yea, you can rent the glock at some shooting ranges....I have no clue as to what that would cost....I live in IL so I am clueless to the whole NFA thing......

If it were me I would rather shoot an MP5 or an MP5K at a range....but I don't even have that option..... :(

8. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

I meant this as an option if he decided to become a dealer. My bad.

Take Care
    "duck"

9. Clipper

Clipper

Beretta 93R is another fully automatic gun but Beretta doesn't make it anymore I think. It didn't look all the good and I think it shot only 3 round bursts.

Is there any other gun that Glock makes that can be modified to fire automatically and work with a large capacity clip?

10. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

I dont know of any other handguns that are full-auto except for the UZI.

Some have said that you can convert some of the 17's and 19's to full-auto but I have never seen one. Check out this thread:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218713

Take Care
    "duck"

11. Telecaster

Telecaster

I just entered "G18" into the search feature and chose 'titles only'.

19 hits came up(link).

12. uafgrad

uafgrad

There are numerous Glocks out there that are not 18's that have been converted to SF. These are all bound by the restrictions set forth by NFA. These are likely the guns you would find at the gun range. I personbally have shot a few different Glock in SF. Very neat, though thats about it, it's neat.
    There have been several S/A Handguns that have been produced F/A or converted.
    Chris

13. MikeG23

MikeG23

All of the Glocks can be modified to full auto, but the same laws apply to them that apply to the G18. Most of the conversion require replaceing the backing plate toward the rear of the slide. You can get large capacity magazines for your Glock and shoot them even though it's semi-auto it is still fun.:)

14. Clipper

Clipper

Thats very interesting. UZI is way too big. Cant carry it around.
    One more question.
    Im guessing any of the Glocks can be modified to FA but theres no point if you got a stock clip that has like 10 rounds.

Where can I get high capacity clips of any caliber that will work in a Glock?

15. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

What grade are you in, and in which State do you reside?

16. ProCarryNAustin

ProCarryNAustin

At full auto, there is not much longevity in a 33 round mag either.

Just my two cents.

A full auto pistol is not a very effective weapon. Cool, maybe, but not very practical.

Full auto in a weapon the size of an MP5 is much more practical...

Again, just an opinion.

Daniel
    Austin, Texas

17. Roland O'Gilead

Roland O'Gilead Say Thankya

"Im guessing any of the Glocks can be modified to FA but theres no point if you got a stock clip that has like 10 rounds."

Even if you could find the 729-round NASA issue magazines there would be no point since modifying a Glock to fire full auto would be quite illegal. Not that I would not like to be able to fire or own a legal G18 but whenever people start talking about how great it would be to convert a Glock to full auto I see the antis lining up to make Glocks their next target for the piecemeal banning of handguns.

18. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

beat me to it.
    I was gonna say "did anybody card him?"

that was after reading this;

19. TomSplasky

TomSplasky Encase Elegance

First of all, it's MAGAZINE, not clip. There is a difference.

Can you get hollow tips to work with it?
    It's hollow points, but that's not important. Yes, I think they would work, I don't see why not.

Is it legal to own one?
    Depends where you live.. which you've never disclosed.

I'm guessing since its soo small and powerfull you can carry it around and thats why its illegal.

That wouldn't make it illegal...

20. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

grasshopper is learning well!
    ;f ;f