close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Glock 18

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by lakersfan16, Oct 1, 2003.

1. lakersfan16

lakersfan16 Hunting is Life

I have always been fascinated by the Glock 18. I have tried to do some research on the pistol itself, and just recently I found a video clip online of a 33 round mag being emptied by the G18 in nearly 1 second!

What are all of the rules and regulations involved in owning one of these pistols? Are they even legal for a civilian to own? I've heard that you can have one shipped to a class III dealer (if you could even find one in the fist place) and pay an outrageous tax on it, but that is about all I know.

I would appreciate any input that you guys have. Thanks.

2. U1121

U1121

Unfortunately, an individual cannot own a G18, unless he/she is a class III dealer and acquires one as a dealer sample for possible sale to Law Enforcement. Full auto weapons are required to have been manufactured prior to a certain date in order to be privately owned and the G18 was not in existence before that date, hence G18s are only available to Law Enforcement Agencies or to Class III dealers as samples.

U1121

3. lakersfan16

lakersfan16 Hunting is Life

Are you sure there are no G18's that were in the country before 1986???

4. U1121

U1121

5. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

They had to be NFA registered prior to May 19, 1986.

Without actually searching the NFA registry, nobody is sure. But I have never seen one for sale.

Yes, my avatar is me shooting a legal full-auto Glock. It is a Post-86 LEO dealer sample, as U1121 refers to.