close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 18

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by NJQuick1, Jan 10, 2003.

1. NJQuick1

NJQuick1

Can any law enforcement officer go into a gun store and have them order one of these for them to purchase or what is the deal with that?

2. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

No. Full auto weapons are restricted to agency purchase only. Officers can not buy one, even with dept. letterhead. The agency must buy one and issue it to the LEO.

The only legal way (that I know of) for a private citizen to own one is to get the Class III stamp from the gov't.

OX

3. AmazonMan

AmazonMan Ouchie

Not exactally correct. Since the G18 is a post-ban class III, there are not many transferable one a normal person can own. A class III dealer may be able to get one if he/she can show its a LE demo item. Or a class II manufacturer can build one for himself, but he can't sell it to a normal-type.
    Huge fun-factor, but you would'nt really want to own one.

4. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

We've got an 18C and I've shot it.. lots of muzzle climb, lots of jams.. it practically melts the front sight.. I wouldn't buy one if I could, but it's fun to have been able to shoot one..

5. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

I have never seen a pre-86 G18 for sale. I am told there are a few. I am also told there are a larger number of pre-86 conversion devices out there. All total less than a dozen.

My NFA dealer has a brand-new G18, but of course, it is an LEO demo gun only.

6. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

"We've got an 18C and I've shot it.. lots of muzzle climb, lots of jams."

Got to be bad ammo/poorly-trained operators. My G17 shot f.a. for a couple of weeks and I had no trouble conrolling it and experienced no jams in a thousand or so rounds fired.

7. glockboy9mm

glockboy9mm Meangreen34

At Knob Creek range here in Kentucky I got to shoot both a real G18C and a G17 conversion.

They both take some training to get use to but the Class III guys that owned them were shooting them like they were H&K MP3s.

4 shot controlled bursts were the best way to go.

Brup... Brup...

They got all 4 to 5 shots COM at 25 yards each time.

Must take lots of 9mm ammo to get that good. ;)

;c ;f