close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 18 full auto

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by fowl intent, Jan 5, 2007.

1. fowl intent

fowl intent

2. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

I have seen that before...and love to watch it every time.
    Seems to me it is a converted G17 (anyone know by whom and how?).
    The stock makes a ton of sense; anyone ever see a G18 fired w/o the stock? Controllable?
    Moon

3. RickJZ

RickJZ

I can never understand what the allure is of a full auto pistol. One would (IMHO), be servered better by the H&K mp5k, mp7, or the new B&T tmp.

4. KalashnakovKids

KalashnakovKids

Is it possiable to purchase A hk MP5k in semi auto? or in my case where im not a millionaire, are there clones of somewhat good quality on the market?

5. 26Glocker

26Glocker

+1!
    :thumbsup:

6. shyguy24

shyguy24

Vector Arms makes a pretty good MP5 clone. They sell for around $1500. Here is a link http://www.vectorarms.com/indexframe.html
    HK used to import a semi-auto version, the HK94, but they fetch a pretty high price if you find somebody wanting to part with one.

7. roymail

roymail

8. Glock19ster

Glock19ster PassrOfBumScoop

+2 I fired a real glock 18 right after a real HK mp5(both full auto of course) and I got much better results with the HK. The GLOCK 18 was a waste. It is not very controllable even when you hold it down. I can not imagine a situation where a police officer would ever need something like that. It was fun to shoot though I must say!

9. RickJZ

RickJZ

the closest you will get to the MP5K is the SP 89. They command a high price; around 3500. Many SP 89's were converted to full auto (with legal sears). For some one that has deep pockets, there are a few original MP5K's out there (18-21K). Armament Services International has many transferables in stock. check out their site www.autoweapons.com

10. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

It must have something to do with the skill level of the shooter involved.....I'd take a G18 over an MP-5 any day.....then I could put it in my holster and carry an M16 for serious work.

With a little training and practice the G18 is very shootable.

G18 VIDEO shooting Hornady Vector ammo (Sorry about the video quality, it's recorded off a TV screen from a VHS tape with my digital camera)

This is a time lapse photo of the same string of fire that shows all the shots:
    [​IMG]

And this is a snapshot also taken during the same string that shows one round from the muzzle all the way through the target...note the three cases in the air:
    [​IMG]

:patriot:

11. major

major Rejected member

I shot a G18 once at a firearms class I took.

Yeah, it was fun.
    No, I don't see any real life benefit.

12. DGallandro

DGallandro Wise Fool

For me, full auto is the ultimate toy.

I get the giggles when I shoot full auto. I won't even try to explain it. To date, I've only fired one full auto, but I got to see the Glock 18 fired (same day I was shooting the Thompson) and I got to watch an MP5SD fired on a closed, indoor range with the muffs off. I could not actually believe how quiet the gun was. The impact of the bullets hitting the metal backstop was louder than the gun. "Pftftft! Brrring!"

But I digress.

I've seen a couple of videos of the G17 conversions. It is a real, mechanically viable workable full auto solution. It is also illegal for ordinary civvies to do it.

The blueprint for the actual unit, which replaces the backcap, can be purchased online, although I don't remember where.

The principle involves an angled piece of steel that engages the sear so that as the pistol closes into battery, the sear is forced downward, disengaging from the striker at just the right moment (the unit must be adjusted for the gun). The semi auto selection allows the angled piece of steel to float free, rearward, so that it need not engage the sear of the gun. When in the full-auto position, the angled piece of steel is rigid in the forward position.

The switch itself is either friction fit, or spring-detent for "on" and "off" and generally slides left to right. The entire unit, replacing the rear cap of the slide, sticks out the back of the slide about 1/4 inch. Generally, it is made of aluminum and spray painted, powder coated, or anodized to match the weapon.

In circumstances where such a conversion would be legal, it's a nifty little device. (I've seen videos of a class 2 demoing it...IIRC it's GlockConversion.mpg)

DG

13. Glockerstein

Glockerstein Mabuhay Shalom!

It's cool, but not accurate.

14. G19cPH

G19cPH

Shooting full auto is cool and fun.:)

15. roflcakes

roflcakes

Maybe because its a full auto.. PISTOL?

As in, much, much smaller than mp5's or other SMG's. There's SMG's, and there's automatic pistols. If you don't understand why automatic pistols have their niche I'm guessing you don't understand why in the world anyone would want a rifle, shotgun or high powered sniper rifle. After all, they're different from the uses of the mp5 which is king!

Also, that's not a G18. G18's are 3 round burst and semi auto only. This is a G17 with a GSSF dropped in to give it a full auto function.

16. 17L1

17L1

"full auto is the ultimate toy"

+1 :)

17. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Nope.

G18's are select fire....semi and full auto only.

Did you look at the video I posted? That's a G18C.

:patriot:

18. GLOCK23DK

GLOCK23DK

Why would you even post that? Based on that statement, it is clear that you have not even bothered to do a google search on a G18, or you would realize its a full auto pistol.

Im not TRYING to be a jerk, but man, its crap like this that perpetuates false info that others buy in to.

"think before you speak" : real life

"dont post crap that you dont know to be 100% true" : internet life

19. roflcakes

roflcakes

Well, the glock 18 is no longer on the glock website.

I got the burst thing off of world.guns.ru. Guess their info is wrong. :\

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg15-e.htm

"The select-fire version of the Glock, called Glock 18, available only in 9mm Luger and only for Military / Law enforcement sales. Glock 18 could fire single shots or three-shot bursts. Glock 18 may be equipped with 31-rounds extended magazines and after-market folding stocks. For security reasons, some parts of the Glock 18 ARE NOT interchangeable with Glock 17/19 pistols. The theoretical rate of fire in full-auto mode is 1200 rounds per minute."

20. neeko

neeko

Haha you clearly play too much Counter-Strike.