close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 17's and 22's have changed!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Butch, Jul 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

2. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

So what will we have to make sure of when placing orders for these different "blocks"? A new part number?

3. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

Are you sure the new G17 locking block isn't the same one from a G23 or G32? I would think they would use the same part, to save on manufacturing costs. Also, what about the slide stop lever? Wouldn't this part change on the G17's as well, now that the locking block has the third pin? (now possibly use the same part as a G23 also?)

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I've got my new-ish (serial prefix ETW) G19 right here in front of me, and it seems to be different than EITHER of the blocks that you have pictured. The sides are smooth, not stepped, and the underside of both forward projections has a double-step, like the left side of the left-hand block in your double-block picture (I'm sure that makes it perfectly clear ;Q ). Both inside corners of the double-steps are radiused, too (to prevent stress fractures?).

According to the brown bag with the fired casings in my Glock's box, it was test-fired in April of 2002. That makes it pretty recent production, methinks.

I'll try to get a pic if anyones interested, but my digital camera sucks...