Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mad Scientist
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range today with my Glock 17L, which I love. I get a nice 1.5 inch group at 10 yards when I do slow fire. Then I took my friend's Sig P232 (which he paid $400 for it new, great deal in my opinion), and tore up the center of the target, getting about 1 inch group! Needless to say, I was shocked at the accuracy of this little thing against my 17L!! Are all Sigs this accurate?!? He offered to sell it to me, so now I'm seriously considering it. It's all stainless steel though, so I guess the weight is similar to my current carry gun, Glock 19. My only concerns are it's 380acp and changing mags during an emergency would pretty much leave me defenseless, because of that weird european design.

·
Premium Member
4,597 Posts
Practice with the mag release. Speed will increase with time.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know for a FACT that a G17L will out do a Sig P232 anyday of the week it must be the
way you shoot who knows a sig might be a better fit for you. :dunno:

I'd be willing to bet money on a G17L over the Sig P232.

·
Registered
126,023 Posts
I know for a FACT that a G17L will out do a Sig P232 anyday of the week it must be the
way you shoot who knows a sig might be a better fit for you. :dunno:

I'd be willing to bet money on a G17L over the Sig P232.
The P232 is an amazing little pistol. Even if the Glock was more accurate, that's not saying much, is it?

In one hand we have a longslide, and in the other, we have a small blowback 380.

·
Mad Scientist
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must say, I've been very happy with my 17L until today. My 17L shot better than Beretta 92FS, Jericho 941, and I've been practicing at 25 yards with it recently, and been getting around 5 inch group on a good day. And then I shoot that Sig and I was just blown away at the accuracy. How could a short barreled gun shoot so well?! I'm thinking maybe I need to change my sights on my 17L. Maybe a target sight will let me shoot my 17L more accurately?

·
Mad Scientist
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just out of curiosity, what kinda of sites are on the sig compared to your 17L?
The sig had the fixed 3 dot sight, while my 17L has the generic adjustable.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Gotta be something cause I've shot the G17L blind folded and got 1 inch groups all day long.
I'm not even that good a shot I'm still learning but, hey in the handgun world you can never stop learning so.

·
Mad Scientist
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I'm going to do. I'm going to go pick up 100 rounds of 380 acp, ask my friend to bring the P232, and shoot 100 rounds through it. And then I'm going to shoot 100 rounds through my 17L. If the P232 is still more accurate, then I guess I'll buy it from him. Still can't believe he got that thing for $400 brand new...

·
Mad Scientist
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you decide to buy the Sig Let me know if you'll let that G17L go cheap. hehe
Ha, just because I buy the Sig doesn't mean I'll lose my love for the twins..my two 17Ls "ebony & ivory". :wavey:

·
Registered
380 Posts
^ haha Nice names.

Man whats that fell like shoot'in two G17L's with 33rd mags plus if they were mine I'd put a lasermax and big dot sights on each.:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::faint:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
The length of the barrel makes no difference to the accuracy of the pistol but if your hold is good enough the longer sight radius might make a difference to how accurately you shoot it.

Apart from that, the SIG232 is a blowback action. This means that the barrel is fixed solidly to the frame and so it is inherently more accurate because it does not have the necessary slop between frame and barrel of the Browning type barrel drop locking system. It is entirely likely that the 232 is more accurate than the 17L.

English

·
Premium Member
28,686 Posts
I shoot a P229 more accurately than any other Glock I own, except for a G37 and a G31.

Both of these Glocks have fiber fronts and Novak rear sights.

I can shoot a 1" group at 30ft with the Sig, consistently.

Strangly enough, out to 15yards and beyond I get LESS accurate with the Sig compared to the Glocks.

'Drew

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I like Heinie fixed sights on my 17L for accuracy and speed.

Dawson Precision adjustables are good also.

Both of those sights use plain, blued (black) steel with sharp clean edges on the post and notch.

Coated metal ones like Trijicon and Meps or plastic ones like Glock OEM have rounded edges that are shiney and are not the best for target work.

FWIW, my P226 9mm will keep up with the 17L for accuracy at 50 yards. Both seem to prefer 147 JHP for pure accuracy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts