close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 17Gen3 with FAV serial# prefix question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by garage grumpy, Apr 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. garage grumpy

garage grumpy

Hello everyone I just picked up a Gen 3 G17 at a show today it has the factory adjustable sites on it. but here is my question I tried to look on the forum buy could not find info. the serial # is a fav-xxx-us number. my question is is this a regular number or some special edition I have found no info about this. sorry if this is a dumb question but was just wondering since I could not find anything about 8 digit serial numbers trying to date this.

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

As far as I know there's nothing special about it. The "US" suffix was put on early Glock frames to distinguish in the factory in Austria between frames intended for sale in the US and those intended for sale in other markets, as each has different requirements such as proof testing for guns sold in Europe.

You can call Glock and give them the serial number on the frame, they should be able to tell you when it was imported and test-fired, and if there are any upgrades that should be done to the gun.

3. garage grumpy

garage grumpy

thank you for the reply. thought I may of had something different. but either way I still love the gun and it does have a pretty cool serial number!