Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is the wrong area to post this question. I am looking at getting a new glock 17 with night sites and I am wondering where the best place to buy one is, IE the cheapest. Online is fine as long as it has a decent reputation.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I second Buds..They seem to have the best prices online

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The deal for the fixed sights were pretty stellar, but the price for the night sites is pretty comparable to buds gun shop. Remember that buds does include shipping in their price. There was an 8 dollar difference between the two.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I should have mentioned that Mark charges an extra 3% if you use a credit card. If you can wait till your check gets there, you get a better deal. And you might come out better by buying the gun from Mark and your sights somewhere else... and put them on yourself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should have mentioned that Mark charges an extra 3% if you use a credit card. If you can wait till your check gets there, you get a better deal. And you might come out better by buying the gun from Mark and your sights somewhere else... and put them on yourself.
are the sights easy to change out? Do I need special tools? The price difference was 65 dollars.

·
Registered
563 Posts
are the sights easy to change out? Do I need special tools? The price difference was 65 dollars.
If we're talking Meprolight or Trijicon sights, that's a good deal. He is basically installing them for free. I think it's great to be able to do your own sights and if you do, you should get a rear sight tool to prevent damage to the relatively delicate night sights. But if money is tight, let Mark install them for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If we're talking Meprolight or Trijicon sights, that's a good deal. He is basically installing them for free. I think it's great to be able to do your own sights and if you do, you should get a rear sight tool to prevent damage to the relatively delicate night sights. But if money is tight, let Mark install them for you.
This is for Glock Night Sights. From what I can tell 60 is the cheapest I could get GNS for aftermarket. Its really not worth it to cover my ass because I have to use a tool to keep it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Why just go into the Gunstop in Minnetonka and buy one? Saves shipping hassles! They have excellent prices......and if you want good night sights
Trijicon are about as good as they get....There many MN glockers that have sight tools.....and installing aftermarket sights will not void the Glock warranty!

·
hedgehog
1,447 Posts
keep in mind your FFL is gonna want some cash for accepting your weapon, around here the average transfer fee is about 50.00

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
from summit fixed sights go for 459 + 15 for shipping

or

from buds adj. sights for for 475 shipped

which one should I take?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I got a great deal on Gunbroker, and unless you want to get something locally for sure, check there!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts